Unreal Engine 4.25 Preview

yes i’ll try that but it should NOT require making a new user… if it does then unreal engine is going to die very fast.

this is because this is only a preview build. usually preview 2 has these things added. as long as you installed it from 4.24 it should still be there.
just run the updater in codeworks

so i found a work around to get the engine to open, uninstall 4.24 prerequisites, Restart install 4.25 then its prerqs will install, then restart and the engine runs… lol way to go!
now i can’t install 4.24 again LMAO like WTF :frowning:

can’t seem to have 4.24 and 4.25 installed at the same time. what a rip.

so after reinstalling 4.24 now 4.25 says it needs reinstalled. ROFL Great Job! time to fire whoever was recently hired. it feels like a unity dev got a job for unreal to destroy it and push ppl to unity by breaking everything.

There is no “iOS” option under File -> Package Project, even though I have the iOS platform installed in the options. Does anyone else have this issue?

Any information around this? UE4 4.25 DevRendering GPULM DXR Preview on Vimeo Lightmass on GPU feels like a long time coming as lightmass is still a big pain point for iteration

Crash at the start UE4

Wish you let us add Actor Tags to 3D Text.

Excited to jump into 4.25

Seems it gets hung up before fully installing. I tried running launcher as admin and installing that way as well with same result.
I get the following error after it fails to install for a bit:

"Install Failed

The installation is corrupt. Please contact support.

Error Code: IS-BV03"

i got this too but removing 4.24 then restart your pc and then installing 4.25 worked for me. then add 4.24 back after worked for me.

In the 4.25.0.p1, builds for Oculus Quest crash immediately on start.Tried with existing working 4.24 project and new 4.25 VR-template project. Reported using bug submission form.
ADB logcat message reads:
Abort message: 'The requested API version in ovrInitParms (1.1.29.0) is not compatible with this version of VrApi Loader (1.1.31.0)!

seems installation is corrupted can’t build a simple c++ project because “Binaries\Win64\UnrealHeaderTool.target” is missing from then you can’t lunch again the editor ( it say corrupt, please verify , and after that same situation )

Don’t be a ■■■■ to the devs, that’s a first preview, it’s meant to test if their are bugs ( and indeed their is some )
Also i suspect they have an other preview planned for gdc, but as it’s canceled maybe we will have some web event, because their is not infos on this preview about chaos progress ( even if not bundled in default UE, that’s a huge piece of tech they are proud of ) neither the work on dx 12 they are currently doing .

Mac on 10.14.6, crashed after start

unreal 4.24 and 4.25 have lighting bug

fbx file attached

this problem began from 4.24

Dropbox - test.fbx - Simplify your life

i heard 4.26 will release it !

Verify files or reinstall, they were missing for me as well on one computer and not on another, so I had to verify it on the non functional one. Something is going wrong with the launcher.

I’m confused about the whereabouts of the Microsoft Mixed Reality Toolkit plugin. I can’t find it.
I noticed the XR updates blurb changed so I’m wondering if it was pulled???

The XR updates used to read…

Hololens 2. Unreal now supports App Remoting from a desktop app without Unreal Editor running.We also added the Mixed Reality Toolkit UX Tools plugin for Unreal, which includes a set of UX tools (button, manipulator, finger pointer, far interaction) to accelerate development. Developers can now use simulated hands in Unreal Editor to test out mixed reality apps directly in the viewport. We also added OpenXR support displaying pixels on HL2, late stage reprojection, enabled mixed reality capture from a 3rd person camera view, and eliminated render target copies for the frame, depth, and 3rd camera render buffers, which should reduce latency by 2 ms/frame.

now it reads…

Hololens 2. Unreal now supports App Remoting from a desktop app without Unreal Editor running. We also added OpenXR support displaying pixels on HL2, late stage reprojection, enabled mixed reality capture from a 3rd person camera view, and eliminated render target copies for the frame, depth, and 3rd camera render buffers, which should reduce latency by 2 ms/frame

What’s the situation?

So, no 3D navmeshes or 3D pathfinding, no flying AI. Grounded. :slight_smile:

Its not there.

Backdoor???

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/zHV_B1BZfB_jQ9Y3pfaCQGObJDscJ3Lw9xxHOvnmgC0LpVbUECcI_zOojuZuMcTnjeutg92S8Rqf4dP1k9kDEBqHHW5nQjciEQfn61YBn15K4IDcfvgb=w1280

Tempting, but I need to keep iterating. I’ll wait for the next update to fix this so both can be installed at the same time. Thank you for pointing this out, however.