Unreal Engine 4.25 game crashes without any crash report, minidumps or errors in the logs

Hi,

I am stuck on a problem with my packaged game, a small percentage of my Windows players are reporting crashes on startup, with normal logs up to the point of the game closing, with no indication of a crash reason.

I tried using Shipping, Debug Game, and Development builds, all with “Include Debug Files” and “Include Crash Reporter” enabled.

When I force a crash, everything works as expected, with a crash reporter window showing the callstack, log files that end with an error and the callstack, and minidumps being created in the “Crashes” folder.

But for some reason, a few percent of my player base experiences crashes which leave no trace in the log files, or anywhere else. I also (and this may be due to small sample sizes), feel like the crash reports are increasing in numbers, without an update to the game which makes me think it might be an issue with newer hardware, or updated drivers but I was unable to reproduce the issues on my testing setups. The players also confirmed that no third-party anti-cheat or antivirus is enabled that might prevent the game from working

If any of you have any input or ideas regarding this, I would very much appreciate it!

Logs - Log file open, 04/23/24 19:40:01LogPakFile: Display: Found Pak file ../../../P - Pastebin.com

Hello,

I actually have no idea. But you do have a couple of errors in the log that may make sense to you if you look at them (with regard to the cooking of the shaders).

I imagine the crashes can occur when this asset is assessed, but I’m not entirely certain.

1. [2024.04.23-17.40.03:723][ 0]LogMaterial: Error: Tried to access an uncooked shader map ID in a cooked application

Hi, thanks for the reply! I will work on a fix for this just to be sure, but this appears in every log of my game, even for the 98% of users that do not experience any issues. I will fix it, and report back if this indeed was the problem for anyone who might stumble upon a similar issue in the future!

Unfortunately, the issue persists even without the uncooked shader map ID issue. The issue currently is only reported by users with RTX ____ SUPER graphics cards, they are also all running on the latest 552.22 Nvidia driver. I will ask them to roll back their drivers to an older version and report back if it helps.

Does anyone know of similar issues with Nvidias SUPER graphics cards? As far as I understand, they are overclocked base models, could this overclocking result in instability and crashes on startup?