Unreal Engine 4.25.1 stuck at 39%

Unreal Engine 4.25.1 got stuck at 39% and it’s still stuck after 21+ straight hours!
The RAM usage is very low too,about 45MB RAM/8GB i have,CPU usage is 13.3%-max 15%
No disk usage,just uses a lot of power.That’s all it does

It doesn’t seem to compile shaders or anything,i’ve just booted it up for the first time

I’ve previously used 4.24 and 4.21 and never had these problems

CPU: I7-2600 3,40Ghz Quad-Core,8 logical processors

8GB DDR3 RAM

1TB SEAGATE Barracuda HDD 1 year old(don’t know the model though but the write/read speed is very good for it

AMD Radeon HD 6350 513mb

21+ straight hours

Yeah, that’s not right. 2h maybe if you were running the engine on a potato PC, but you are not. I’m wondering whether it’s the 512 MB vRam that is giving it grief here.

Any chance you could test it with a GPU that is closer to 2GB? This is a very, very old GPU that is waaaay below minimum spec. Not saying it wouldn’t work but that’s the first thing I’d look into.

Here’s how it compares to what was a minimum 6 years ago…:

Yeah, it’s roughly 20x too slow :smiley:

i have a dumb HP desktop that was
mostly used in offices

You’d be surprised how often people repurpose those! These usually come with a powerful CPU and often no GPU (relying on the built-in HD3000/4000). You can ■■■■ one up for a couple hundred dollars. You just need to watch that PSU - they’re usually rated for 275-350W only.

I’m planning on buying a new cpu soon,but the one i’m using has nothing to do with the problem.I even get 60-70 fps sometimes with it!
And i’m using this one temporarily because i have a dumb HP desktop that was mostly used in offices,modified it a bit but i don’ think ii can change the source,or the mobo(custom made for this ecact model by Hp),and the tiny space for the graphics card

Now it’s 27+ hours,and someone on Reddit suggested that i should backup the Config folder somewhere and that i delete it,but i can’t find that folder
The ram usage is still 45MB so it’s definitely not compiling shaders or something like other people said

I’m planning on buying a new cpu
soon,but the one i’m using has nothing
to do with the problem.

I agree. This has nothing to do with CPU - it’s perfectly capable. It’s the video card, as I said.

I even get 60-70 fps sometimes with
it!

Sure, but not in UE4 you will not. You just need a video card that is not 9 years old - and it was an entry level even back then.

I’d just drop something like a $50 750ti (something below 75W - knowing how PSUs are in office Dells/HPs) and you’re good to go. If you have money to spare, double the RAM and you have an OK machine to work. No need to change the mobo or the CPU - I7-2600 is a great little chip even today!

And if you invest another 30 bucks in a system SSD, you’ll be absolutely fine for a couple of years.

The cpu change part,sorry,i meant GPU,but ■■■■ autocorrect
I don’t have yet the money to get a pretty decent gpu but i will try to change it soon
And yes,i got 60-70 in the UE4 Editor.It runs all the gta games to date(including gta 5),and some recent games like No Man’s Sky and other,(on lowest settings).It’s crappy(whan can you expect from a $35 card anyway)but it held me well
SSDs are expensive here,i live in Romania,but i’m planning to buy a higher storage ssd.
As for the RAM,i’m not thinking of getting more yet,i handle everything fine with 8

I was merely referring to the requirements of the UE4. It’s performance hungry. Have look at kite demo on YT. You will be unable to open this scene without 24GB of RAM.

Developing is quite different from playing games. Do note you’ll have more than 1 piece of software running at a time. 32GB is comfortable, 64 is nice.

8GB is OK for the most basic stuff or learning. It will be a frustrating experience when combined with an HDD. A small SSD is worth more than a strong card. Unfortunately, you kind of need both. Fortunately, you can upgrade over time. Definity get a new card first.

Good luck.

Yeah…my PSU is 350W and i don’t think i can change it.It must be a custom made for the model

I know,i know.I prioritized the card first,it runs well most games and stuff,but when i start OBS or any recording software,the performance difference is huge.Also,with the 60-70FPS in UE4,that’s what i get on very low settings in the editor,with res scale 50%-80%.Ghostrunner demo on v low with 30% res scale runs on max 30fps
The ram,might change them this year too.I ain’t got that much cash
I’m 15 and i’m thinking on doing some gigs online on fiverr or something.Mights as well buy a new pc,this model should be around $200-$250(i’m in Ro,the prices are realĺy f’d up here

I am getting the same problem on gaming computer with GTX 1070 with 8 Gigs of Ram and I7 and 16 Gigs of ram Intel I7 6700 Quad Core. . Also my laptop gets the same error message and pretty close to same spec except graphic card memory is less.
The Shader gets stuck and 100% CPU and I have run Autodesk Maya with no problems at all. Actually it the desktop rocks on render.

Please watch this Unable to start Unreal Engine, stuck at 39% ( SOLVED 100 % ) Unreal Editor initializing error - YouTube worked for me 100 % :slight_smile: i made this video after solved problem

Please watch this Unable to start Unreal Engine, stuck at 39% ( SOLVED 100 % ) Unreal Editor initializing error - YouTube worked for me 100 % :slight_smile: i made this video after solved problem

Well i think it got fixed somehow, but by now i moved to 4.26 and i gave up on it.
Not sure what the issue was, but it works now.

Since August last year i also bought a GTX 1650 4GB and never ran in such issues again