Unreal Engine 4.20 Released!

Something strange, I started the installation process and next noticed a new version of the Launcher was available, updated it and now show me only 4.20.1 Preview 5.
This is the right one?

Thanks, was wondering if this was a bug or if I needed to rework something in my event.

UMG has an issue with a double outline on text that has a shadows enabled. I posted this in the questions section but haven’t heard back. Please see before and after image.

https:///2xgRT3r.png

In 4.20 I have got a bug with tessellation in viewport.
In closeup it look ok, but when I zoom out i get black outlines and another tessellation bugs.
Same scene tested in 4.19 and works ok.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91Ni…ature=youtu.be

I hope UE-62069 gets added in one of these hotfixes since I noticed it got fixed. It’s a huge issue for me and having to wait until 4.21 for that specific fix would be a bummer.

Am I imagining things or does the editor launch a bit faster with 4.20.x?

It did for me initially, but then it slowed down to about 4.19.2 loading speed when I opened saved project (which was a TPS template saved as a project).

For 4.20 , There is strange bug .

When I start VoiceCapture inside android , runtime permission shown up and I can see captured data after the app start , however if I close the app and run it again, VoiceCapture state become OK but No voice data . 0 bytes .

I tried to debug that with android studio profiler , and I found this error pop up when the app start for 2nd time : E/AudioRecord(24604): start() status -38 , and then bytes are always 0 . I dont know even a right description for this case to report a bug about it . could anyone help .

Here is the full LOG

UE-61706 - Animations don’t update on the first frame of shots…Thank you!!! :slight_smile:

Oh, I have the exact same problem with 4.19! I already thought its something wrong only for me, great to hear you have the same problem.

Does anyone know more about this?

I’ve had this in the Showdown demo just recently in 4.20, but I think I had it in 4.19 as well. I want to say disabling/enabling the gizmo in the viewport settings brought it back the first time, but none of the posted fixes would fix the recent issue in 4.20. I reset the .ini files for the game/engine/etc to get rid of some VR settings and that ended up fixing it, but I don’t know what exactly brought it back.

The new Niagara FX is very interesting, but u guy should fix the parameter when user can add or not, for example, when i click add button at Emiter Property, i saw spawn module and i add it, but it did nothing, that parameter should be add at Emiter Update, not the Emiter Property, that is very confusing.

I see what he means but for me I personally prefer the outlined shadow for a lot of ideas i have in mind.

Could we get an option ( if it doesn’t exist yet ) for “outline text_shadows” for text objects :slight_smile:

edit: That way we could turn it on or off on a “per text object” basis".

CLion support seems to have improved in 4.20 but still far from perfect.

Generated CMake files doesn’t seem to include “*.generated.h” files, what ends in lots of error related to UCLASS, GENERATED_BODY and so on.

I can workaround it by including the intermediate folder where generated.h resides in cmake files, but it get’s deleted every time project files are generated as result of adding new classes and such tasks…

Actually Visual Studio has this issue too, it’s pretty annoying. This is currently the 3rd highest open issue in UE4 and is still backlogged so please go give it a vote. Hopefully we can get this into a hotfix before the end of 4.20.

i need help installing the client on linux fedora 28 i was looking at the guide but its till confusing me can some one plzz message with some help

4.20.1 breaks the motion controller special left input nodes. Can’t use it as an action mapping or a direct bp node using rift+ touch controllers.

bp screenshot:

https://prnt.sc/kd2uao

Niagara looks interesting, but i sincerely hope that cascade will stay too, unless it is possible to easily port existing cascade effects to niagara (like the “uwave” stuff that already needs tweaks to work in current versions of ue4)

“Loosing” all the effects and things that have been created for UE4 over the last years doesnt sound very useful, i think. (For me personally, this would be a massive issue, which would me take weeks to recreate everything, and i probably still would loose some effects forever.)

========
regarding 4.20 in general, have not encountered any issues so far, which is nice :stuck_out_tongue:

Hello everyone,

Thank you for reporting these bugs, but for us to investigate, please use the Bug Submission Form to enter a report with as much information as you can provide, including reproduction steps and/or a reproduction project so that we can see the behavior.

No worries, man. Epic usually keeps old systems for a long time.
Matinee is not needed anymore because of Sequencer, but it’s still in the engine. Probably for licencess which built Matinee-based tools.