Unreal Engine 4.20 Released!

Hello, we’re getting the following error in UE4.20.2,

PackagingResults: Error: === Critical error: ===
PackagingResults: Error: Fatal error: [File D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\UObject\UObjectGlobals.cpp] [Line: 2383]
PackagingResults: Error: Objects have the same fully qualified name but different paths.
PackagingResults: Error: New Object: REINST_BP_CYB3DMinimapInScene_C_70 /Engine/Transient.MinimapInHand_GEN_VARIABLE_BP_CYBMinimapInHand_C_CAT:Minimap3D_Component.Minimap3D_Component_BP_CYB3DMinimapInScene_C_CAT
PackagingResults: Error: Existing Object: BP_CYB3DMinimapInScene_C /Engine/Transient.MinimapInHand_GEN_VARIABLE_BP_CYBMinimapInHand_C_CAT:Minimap3D_Component.Minimap3D_Component_BP_CYB3DMinimapInScene_C_CAT

Our project is very unstable in 4.20.X And if we try to build we get that error (above). We are looking to fix it in order to see if our project (that was upgraded from 4.18.3) goes back to establility in development.

Any clue?

thanks.

It may come from the fact that they did an optimisation with translucency in stereo rendering mode in the 4.20…

When was the official version released?I delete it and download it again,but 4.20.2 shows the preview 5 version,But others said that they have been officially released.

That is strange. 4.20 released a while ago - July 18. Have you restarted your Launcher? (make sure it actually exits, and not just minimizes to the taskbar)

I deleted it a few times today and re-added it. The computer restart and the Launcher restart both show 4.20.2 preview 5. My country is China, is it because the engine version for my country has not been released yet?The strange thing is that it shows 4.20.2 after deleting, but when I add this version of the engine, it shows preview 5

I get this too, but mine alternates. Every 2nd time I start the epic launcher its shows I have 4.20.2 Preview 5 installed, and the other times just plain 4.20.2

What is going on here? I am like this, happening by chance.

Our Launcher team is investigating. They occasionally have seen the issue too, but it is not persistent.

Ok, It seems that 4.20 is so broken, that a Course in Udemy is sending a notificacion to avoid that version of the engine… I guess that explains no one is helping in resolving some of the issues that are being reported.

There are 4 bugs that keep migrating from 4.20.0 and I bet those will trickle down to 4.21 (or 4.20.3 won’t be released in timely fashion). Just saying…

I would like to learn more, could you let me know what are those 4 bugs?

What issues are you having with the engine at 4.20.2?

teak

Hey guys, after switching to 4.20 we got suddenly this kind of errors. Everything was fine in 4.19.Someone with the same problem??

ATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogWindows: Error: begin: stack for UAT
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogWindows: Error: === Critical error: ===
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogWindows: Error:
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogWindows: Error: Fatal error!
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogWindows: Error: Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_STACK_OVERFLOW
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe94a233fe UE4Editor-Core.dll!UnknownFunction ]
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe94a25590 UE4Editor-Core.dll!UnknownFunction ]
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe946980e8 UE4Editor-Core.dll!UnknownFunction ]
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe94698333 UE4Editor-Core.dll!UnknownFunction ]
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe9a7ca328 UE4Editor-CoreUObject.dll!TArray<TTuple<UProperty const * __ptr64,void const * __ptr64>,FDefaultAllocator>::ResizeGrow() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\public\containers\array.h:2453]
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe9a7ba00d UE4Editor-CoreUObject.dll!FPropertyValueIterator::NextValue() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\unrealtype.cpp:130]
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe9a7b46d0 UE4Editor-CoreUObject.dll!FPropertyValueIterator::IterateToNext() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\unrealtype.cpp:148]
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe900cb6a8 UE4Editor-Engine.dll!TPropertyValueIterator<UProperty const >::TPropertyValueIterator<UProperty const >() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\public\uobject\unrealtype.h:4905]
PackagingResults: Error: begin: stack for UAT
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe9011aa05 UE4Editor-Engine.dll!UAssetManager::InitializeAssetBundlesFromMetadata() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\assetmanager.cpp:3265]
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe9011a8d3 UE4Editor-Engine.dll!UAssetManager::InitializeAssetBundlesFromMetadata() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\engine\classes\engine\assetmanager.h:449]
PackagingResults: Error: === Critical error: ===

Have you reported this issue using official bug reporting form ?

Thanks for reply,
I have it on another comment a litle bit above, but is this one:

Ok… I Just found that we need to have the following in our DefaultEditor.ini

[/Script/UnrealEd.BlueprintEditorProjectSettings]
bUseCompilationManager=False 

I remember we needed to comment those lines because a warning in the past.

Be aware that the Blueprint Compilation Manager is REQUIRED in UE 4.21

That’s right, thanks! that was the warning we got. By the way, in 4.19 is not showing that warning.

UPDATE!

The 4.20.3 Hotfix is now live!

Fixed in 4.20.3
Fixed! UE-64242 UE4Editor crashes when terminating the program while it initializes
Fixed! UE-64243 [CrashReport] UE4Game_Win64_Shipping!FEDLBootNotificationManager::NotifyRegistrationEvent()
Fixed! UE-62042 Generate Project files does not add Intellisense include paths for .generated.h files
Fixed! UE-59771 Forced reboot launching editor the first time
Fixed! UE-63375 Changing Area Light Settings In Blueprint Causes Crash
Fixed! UE-63583 [CrashReport] UE4Editor_Engine!ULevel::GetWorldSettings() [level.cpp:1657]
Fixed! UE-63002 Adding Variable to Struct (Exposed on Spawn) breaks SpawnActor functionality without error/warning
Fixed! UE-63326 User created OSS plugins require modifying Engine now
Fixed! UE-64241 [CrashReport] UE4Editor-DesktopPlatform.dylib!<Unknown>
Fixed! UE-63743 StompMalloc crashes on start on Linux
Fixed! UE-62310 Set Material in Blueprint Causing Crash
Fixed! UE-64236 [CrashReport] UE4Editor-MetalRHI.dylib!ReportMetalCommandBufferFailure()
Fixed! UE-63415 Unable to add Transform track to Particle
Fixed! UE-64238 [CrashReport] UE4Editor_UnrealEd!FMRUList::AddMRUItem() [mrulist.cpp:65]
Fixed! UE-63240 Expanded state isn’t preserved sometimes in details panels with customizations.
Fixed! UE-63488 HISM: Calling UpdateInstanceTransform with a transform only containing rotation or scale would not update the transform at runtime or cooked
Fixed! UE-64239 [CrashReport] UE4Editor_SlateCore!FHittestGrid::FindFocusableWidget<<lambda_3a8b364273a2882da220e6e492096c17>,<lambda_d0075a811a928600995d1b2de6795365>,<lambda_105424556dbaeebf7f5bf9bed3e2f737> >() [hittestgrid.cpp:397]
Fixed! UE-63490 Mobile Occlusion (ES3.1) is broken with HDR disabled on mobile platforms
Fixed! UE-63538 Superfluous upscale with mobile vr and < 1.0 pixel density
Fixed! UE-63332 Google AR Core Components uplugin file is missing in 4.20, which means it can’t be used
Fixed! UE-63223 ARKit GetCurrentFrame crashes app

REMEMBER: Please report any new bugs you find by following the How To Report a Bug Guide

What about these? They were flagged for 4.20.3

https:///6mpOm9Q.png