Unreal Engine 4.19 Released

What are the differences? Are there any?

Could you explain the problem? I just can’t see it. In second picture vertex density is much lower.

As you can see the background is now way less poly, but the close zone is way more poly aswell all the LOD zones are collapsed in the same part, like there is no point then to have them, and I can’t control where the density of each one go, just the first one, so the performance now is worst

Aswell I still (and other people) waiting to the Listen Server bug be fixed, but seems like Epic have no plans to fix it, as they don’t make any real Coop games without dedicated servers.

SpeedTreeColorVariation/PerInstanceRandom is still outputting NAN/garbage starting with 4.19. Entire forests are rendering black in Epic’c most Epic, Kite Demo… Doesn’t Epic care about that anymore? When is this toony fartnite ifad on an ar table going to subside to pursue cutting edge graphics again? :slight_smile:

Is there source code for the motionbuilder plugin? It’s mentioned in the press release but I can’t find anything on Github or in the installed binaries.

It will, provided you have the livelink functionality in your build, you can find the core engine code of LiveLink in Engine/Source/Runtime/LiveLinkInterface and the actual plugin that provides an implementation of this interface is in Engine/Plugins/Animation/LiveLink. Providing you have both of these in your branch you should be good to go. 4.19 is intended to be a stable API now so all 4.19 LiveLink sources should work in any version from 4.19 onwards.

There will be, currently it’s in a private repo as I need to add some extra changes to it to bring it up to 4.19’s latest version as well as add some quality of life features. I was hoping to get this done pre-GDC however GDC preparations ended up taking more of my time than expected. It’ll be out soon after GDC though, our current plan is to have a Github repository that will have all source code under MIT license and a Marketplace release for easy access for people who just want the compiled version and don’t want source.

The idea behind an MIT license on Github is to allow it to serve as a reference implementation for integrating LiveLink into an existing application.

Since the Submission Form seems to be useless (submitted this crash 3 times in three different Preview Versions)
The Editor crashes when I try to type something into the console.

LoginId:a2c278d349fd7b23a34ca7abf9736ccc
EpicAccountId:a580d785848d4edaaf6f343873617cad

Assertion failed: CharCode [File:D:\Build\++UE4+Release-4.19+Compile\Sync\Engine\Source\Developer\OutputLog\Private\SOutputLog.cpp] [Line: 702]

UE4Editor_Core!FDebug::AssertFailed() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\assertionmacros.cpp:419]
UE4Editor_OutputLog!SConsoleInputBox::OnKeyCharHandler() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\developer\outputlog\private\soutputlog.cpp:710]
UE4Editor_OutputLog!TMemberFunctionCaller<SConsoleInputBox,FReply (__cdecl SConsoleInputBox::*)(FGeometry const & __ptr64,FCharacterEvent const & __ptr64) __ptr64>::operator()<FGeometry const & __ptr64,FCharacterEvent const & __ptr64>() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\public\delegates\delegateinstanceinterface.h:156]
UE4Editor_OutputLog!UE4Tuple_Private::TTupleImpl<TIntegerSequence<unsigned int> >::ApplyAfter<TMemberFunctionCaller<SConsoleInputBox,FReply (__cdecl SConsoleInputBox::*)(FGeometry const & __ptr64,FCharacterEvent const & __ptr64) __ptr64>,FGeometry const & __() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\public	emplates	uple.h:498]
UE4Editor_OutputLog!TBaseSPMethodDelegateInstance<0,SConsoleInputBox,0,FReply __cdecl(FGeometry const & __ptr64,FCharacterEvent const & __ptr64)>::Execute() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\public\delegates\delegateinstancesimpl.h:269]
UE4Editor_Slate!TBaseDelegate<FReply,FGeometry const & __ptr64,FCharacterEvent const & __ptr64>::Execute() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\public\delegates\delegatesignatureimpl.inl:537]
UE4Editor_Slate!SMultiLineEditableText::OnKeyChar() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\widgets	ext\smultilineeditabletext.cpp:578]
UE4Editor_Slate!<lambda_1c1a6884130f88cc3a30cf556a098b76>::operator()() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:4904]
UE4Editor_Slate!FEventRouter::Route<FReply,FEventRouter::FBubblePolicy,FCharacterEvent,<lambda_1c1a6884130f88cc3a30cf556a098b76> >() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:266]
UE4Editor_Slate!FEventRouter::RouteAlongFocusPath<FEventRouter::FBubblePolicy,<lambda_1c1a6884130f88cc3a30cf556a098b76>,FCharacterEvent>() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:247]
UE4Editor_Slate!FSlateApplication::ProcessKeyCharEvent() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:4901]
UE4Editor_Slate!FSlateApplication::OnKeyChar() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:4877]
UE4Editor_ApplicationCore!FWindowsApplication::ProcessDeferredMessage() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\applicationcore\private\windows\windowsapplication.cpp:1481]
UE4Editor_ApplicationCore!FWindowsApplication::DeferMessage() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\applicationcore\private\windows\windowsapplication.cpp:2172]
UE4Editor_ApplicationCore!FWindowsApplication::ProcessMessage() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\applicationcore\private\windows\windowsapplication.cpp:889]
UE4Editor_ApplicationCore!FWindowsApplication::AppWndProc() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\applicationcore\private\windows\windowsapplication.cpp:726]
user32
user32
UE4Editor_ApplicationCore!FWindowsPlatformApplicationMisc::PumpMessages() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\applicationcore\private\windows\windowsplatformapplicationmisc.cpp:129]
UE4Editor!FEngineLoop::Tick() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\\private\launchengineloop.cpp:3263]
UE4Editor!GuardedMain() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\\private\.cpp:166]
UE4Editor!GuardedMainWrapper() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:134]
UE4Editor!WinMain() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:210]
UE4Editor!__scrt_common_main_seh() [f:\dd\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:253]

ntdll

Engine\Extras\MayaLiveLink\ doesn’t exist, or do I have to download and build from github? I installed fresh from Epic Launcher and the Maya Live link plugin path mentioned in the notes doesn’t exist.

There is already a PR that resolves the issue you are describing, see .com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/pull/4480 . No eta yet for integration unfortunately.

Also, I was going to use a feature that is gone, or has changed… “Light as if static” is no longer an option on static meshes. For an AR project, I was planning to use LightAsIfStatic to bake complex lighting on a blueprint with static meshes that needs to be movable, so that I can place it into the world on click.

It seems there is a dropdown on static meshes called lightmap type, where you can choose Surface or Volumetric. I selected surface and baked, but the lighting is acting volumetric, like it’s locked to world space and not the surface when I move the asset.

I’m very confused as to how to do this in 4.19. I’d go back to 4.18, but since this is an AR project, I’d like to keep to the newer version. Any thoughts?

Is the Control Rig sequencer from GDC 2017 still being worked on? Or is that dead now that Live Link is available?

Awesome work Epic! Downloading…

still crashing using vive motion controller since preview 5, before that everything was fine. Is there something to do with this new motion controller live link thing?
How do you guys usually setting up the motion controller? blueprint>Pawn>add component>MotionController>assignMotionSource?

They always bury the best features deep in the list. This right here is the real gamechanger.

It is indeed missing. Epic please fix this ASAP.

lol a lot of C++ API changes; on the verge of GDC.
I now got a lot of extra work to do for 4.19 updates. ^^

Great improvements!

Not sure if I’m missing something, but it seems like light shapes are broken for lightmass. Create a point light, set it to static, and give it a radius and length, and bake it and it comes out rotated 90 degrees. Happens in a freshly created project.

Normalize to range node doesn’t work the same way as Inverse Lerp, be sure to add this to your libs :stuck_out_tongue:

Attach to component seems to have changed?

Previously when keeping world location, rotation and scale it would be based off of whatever the idle animation is / where the model actually shows in the blueprint.

Now it seems like it’s based off of the reference pose maybe? But there isn’t any way to easily show the reference pose of a model in blueprints?