unreal engine 4.19 improving the VR resolution !!!!!

Hi guys ,

So one of the main reason i have run to install 4.19 is the idea of having a better resolution inside the VR , but actually i dont know how to do it , is there like a direct steps i should follow ?

Thanks

As far as I know, 4.19 doesn’t inherently improve the resolution beyond what you could always do with console commands. In all versions of the engine you can use the console command “r.screenpercentage 200” to use double the native resolution and therefore improve sharpness. Now it’s just been translated to more device-specific presets using PixelDensity. So now you can use the console command “vr.Pixel Density 2.”

Read this guide for the correct lingo: Significant Changes Coming To VR Resolution Settings in 4.19 - Unreal Engine

Thanks StephaBon for ur replay , i already seen that blog about 4.19 i just dont know how do it in terms of steps and does it affect the frame per second

Not sure if dynamic resolution is supposed to work with VR (is it?), but reading the documentation for Screen Percentage with Temporal Upsample (Screen Percentage with Temporal Upsample | Unreal Engine Documentation) it seems you can set PixelDensity to 1 and ScreenPercentage below 100 and possibly still retain a good amount of detail. I’ll give it a try in the next few days.