Unreal Engine 4.18 Preview

So I did find the stuff needed. Must be related to XR Layer stuff mentioned.

https://i.gyazo.com/b91893e9b09b45a8dec3bdb2c56eeaff.png

Hello , 360 monoscopic video support, please tell me more about this feature.

Does that mean Visual Studio Code can be used on Mac and Linux as well? Having one editor across platforms would be awesome.

[=“BendikSlyngstad, post:18, topic:100191”]

Is it possible to ARkit apps directly from engine/windows to iOS test devices in 4.18 ? or do we need to build from a mac with xcode?
[/]

Nope, you still need to build with Xcode.

However, following simple AR setup to place some cubes into the world I get camera feed and whenever I flip the phone aspect ratio gets messed up. Would apreciate any info in terms of camera setup in AR.

Visual Studio Code isn’t working for me (Win10), anyone else having problems?

So are we skipping 4.17.2? Or is this just a in between? :o

[=“Shin_ji, post:22, topic:100191”]

So I did find the stuff needed. Must be related to XR Layer stuff mentioned.

https://i.gyazo.com/b91893e9b09b45a8dec3bdb2c56eeaff.png

[/]

And what about ARKit Camera in Pawn?
Or i should not init this now?

Did the target.cs files change? I can’t generate project files for a migrated copy of my project.

[=“jonimake, post:30, topic:100191”]

Did the target.cs files change? I can’t generate project files for a migrated copy of my project.
[/]

Yes, they change those every version now and I don’t even know why. Maybe someone from epic can enlighten us as to why it changes from (TargetInfo Info) to () : base (TargetInfo) to whatever it is now?

[=“BoteRock, post:26, topic:100191”]

[/]

Dunno if I did something wrong, but doesn’t work for me either. It opens the source code you tell it to, but it doesn’t open the folder/workspace/project, and it makes the editor freeze until I close VS Code.

[=“LIB53, post:32, topic:100191”]

Dunno if I did something wrong, but doesn’t work for me either. It opens the source code you tell it to, but it doesn’t open the folder/workspace/project, and it makes the editor freeze until I close VS Code.
[/]

For me, it doesn’t even generate project files, it just says ERROR: UnrealBuildTool Exception: Invalid compiler version (Default) when I try to generate project files.

What about instanced skeletal mesh?

eyy , i have 2 things.regarding the media system

1. how am i supposed to create directional audio

2. is there a way to create new mediaplayers in runtime ?

what about the media player texture playback rate doubling (rendering faster) in sequencer output is it fixed

[=“anonymous_user_bc2fd81a, post:16, topic:100191”]

When using Experimental/Enable Details Panel Favorites, all the FVector and USTRUCT UPROPERTYs are duplicated and scattered.
[/]

Hello Büke,

Thank you for reporting this issue. Can you please create an Answerhub post in the Bug Reports section with information on how to reproduce this issue? Any information you can provide would be helpful. Please respond here if you create an Answerhub post so that we can get someone to take a look at it.

[=“BoteRock, post:26, topic:100191”]

[/]

[=“LIB53, post:32, topic:100191”]

[/]

Hello BoteRock and LIB53,

From what you are both mentioning, your issues are both related to Visual Studio but they don’t seem to be the same issue. Can you both make separate Answerhub posts in the Bug Reports section and provide as much information as you can about what you are seeing and what you have tried? Please respond here when you’ve made a post, so that we can take a look at the issue.

How would you even handle a instanced skeletal mesh as a feature… Isn’t the whole concept behind Instancing is that its sort of static? If its a skeletal mesh then it would also need to be mobile and be able to handle AI. This is a huge request imo.

[=“anonymous_user_41845f4a, post:38, topic:100191”]

Hello BoteRock and LIB53,

From what you are both mentioning, your issues are both related to Visual Studio but they don’t seem to be the same issue. Can you both make separate Answerhub posts in the Bug Reports section and provide as much information as you can about what you are seeing and what you have tried? Please respond here when you’ve made a post, so that we can take a look at the issue.

[/]

Okay, I’ll do it as soon as I get home.

[=“poke1103, post:39, topic:100191”]

How would you even handle a instanced skeletal mesh as a feature… Isn’t the whole concept behind Instancing is that its sort of static? If its a skeletal mesh then it would also need to be mobile and be able to handle AI. This is a huge request imo.
[/]

Some time ago we were talking with a friend about the mesh skinning in a game like dynasty warriors… there are hundreds of skeletal meshes at the same time, all moving… so we concluded they are batching the skinning somehow in their engine, if I swoop my sword and it hits 5 enemies at the same time, the skinning of the animation pushing them back could be done once for the 5 meshes… I think that is a very specific need for their engine and doubt that UE4 would benefit from something like that, but is an interesting idea nevertheless.

VS 2017 15.3 also doesn’t work correctly with UE 4.18: https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/701669/unchanged-modules-relinked-every-single-build-usin.html

I’m quite excited to hear about the new media framework improvements. Great to have some capture card/webcam capture, but what I’m REALLY after is to be able to output from the engine to a playback device like a blackmagic decklink. I know there’s a lot of mention about compositing and stuff since the car demo this year, so there must have been some thought put into this? A hidden console command which fires out the engine output maybe?