Unreal Engine 4.14 Preview

That’s broken Actor Components, go fix them up then recompile and try to save them, works everytime for me. @ Zaymar

I have encountered a crash on ios metal,here’s the link,Thanks!

Great release, lots of good stuff :slight_smile: Is the version 1.9 of the Oculus Platform SDK already in this preview? Also, is now voip supported for Android devices?

+1 Request for separating baked lightmaps and level. Also please make them hand-editable while you are at it. ^^

Will the new audio system and the new particle system make their way into 4.14?

Does your project has MobileHDR on? What do you see on device it you plug CustomDepth directly to EmissiveColor attribute? Your material uses some big numbers and it could be overflow issue, default range of floats in material pixel shader is ~-65k, 65k] (on device).

[=tokuyeh;612660]
I try CustomDepth on postprocess material. This didn’t effect on my mobile(asus zenfone3).

on PC —>

https://s13.postimg.org/gsyildd6v/image.png

on Mobile —>

https://s11.postimg.org/a7tgsuo83/Screenshot_20161021_181009.jpg

this is postprocess material
–>

https://s13.postimg.org/ymzkxry3r/material.png

[/]

[=ddvlost;614260]
Does your project has MobileHDR on? What do you see on device it you plug CustomDepth directly to EmissiveColor attribute? Your material uses some big numbers and it could be overflow issue, default range of floats in material pixel shader is ~-65k, 65k] (on device).
[/]

Thank for reply. I’m sure my project’s MobileHDR is on.
I fix that big number. Then, Effect can use on mobile :smiley: Thanks a lot.

But it’s upside down on mobile —>

https://s18.postimg.org/5aqlqc8yx/Screenshot_20161025_142814.jpg

What the problem is ?

This upside down problem is already fixed in 4.14, but not in this preview, happens only if material blendbable location is set to “After Tonemaping”. In meantime you can switch it to “Before Tonemapping” (look in material settings), and it will work in current build.

Umm, world shifting in multiplayer? :frowning:

But seriously, heck of a good work there Epic, :smiley:

[=ddvlost;614290]
This upside down problem is already fixed in 4.14, but not in this preview, happens only if material blendbable location is set to “After Tonemaping”. In meantime you can switch it to “Before Tonemapping” (look in material settings), and it will work in current build.
[/]

Hi … because the Ping with active steam results to be 9999 in server search results ??? it’s bug or not ?

can you let me know original ue4.14 preview url?

Same question, I am waiting for Mixed Reality Video support.

According to yesterday’s Simplygon announcement, “Starting today, UE4 ships with a Simplygon standard integration”. So does this mean the new automatic LOD generation in UE 4.14 is actually Simplygon?

[=rranon;614756]
According to yesterday’s Simplygon announcement, “Starting today, UE4 ships with a Simplygon standard integration”. So does this mean the new automatic LOD generation in UE 4.14 is actually Simplygon?
[/]

It looks like Simplygon needs to be installed as a plugin from the Marketplace, so it would seem that it’s not the same thing. Given how Simplygon requires 2% royalty on top of Epic’s 5%, I doubt the new LOD system is Simplygon, as it would trick many users into more royalties.

I would be interested too is this LOD system is EPIC own invention or just Simplygon?

[=;614775]
It looks like Simplygon needs to be installed as a plugin from the Marketplace, so it would seem that it’s not the same thing. Given how Simplygon requires 2% royalty on top of Epic’s 5%, I doubt the new LOD system is Simplygon, as it would trick many users into more royalties.
[/]

If it’s not, given how close the announcement is to 4.14’s preview build, there needs to be a very clear distinction in-engine between the two systems. At first I thought the new system was of Epic’s own design, but now it’s a bit unclear where the line is being drawn between the two, especially since this system actually worked for 4.14 before this announcement was made.

However, I’ve given the Simplygon SDK a test tonight. If you install it for 4.13, the options in the static mesh window mirror the ones in 4.14 perfectly. Given this, I think it’s a safe bet that Simplygon is simply integrated in the engine completely by default in 4.14 and you’re going to just need the license for it. If you don’t want that 2% extra royalty, I would advise not using the reduction system yet.

[=.Wenograd;614819]
Given this, I think it’s a safe bet that Simplygon is simply integrated in the engine completely by default in 4.14 and you’re going to just need the license for it. If you don’t want that 2% extra royalty, I would advise not using the reduction system yet.
[/]

If that’s the case, then it’s a massive trick lots of people will fall for. I would be super disappointed if Epic were to ship an engine feature that comes with additional royalties.

[=;614821]
If that’s the case, then it’s a massive trick lots of people will fall for. I would be super disappointed if Epic were to ship an engine feature that comes with additional royalties.
[/]

Eh, it’s a preview build. They’ll probably add some sort of warning or toggle in it, or they may have accidentally shipped the license with the engine. I noticed the 4.14 the Simplygon SDK detected had things installed already, but an older version. They’ll probably either take it out for the full release or just it greyed out until you get a license.

[=motorsep;612172]
Ohhh, Multiview for mobile VR !!! Sweet!! Thanks Epic.
[/]

Was thinking the same thing! BTW, nice to see you around here! Talked a lot on the Oculus Forum haha

[=;614821]
[/]

Indeed. That would be a complete failure. If that is what they are going to do then they should put more than a warning, they should have some clear agreements to be signed to accept the Simplygon license and if and only if the user/customer accepts it then the automatic LOD plugin gets enabled. Also after that the “purchase” should be reflected on the customer account on Epic Games UE4 website maybe even in the vault and a receipt sent to the customer email even if just with $0.00
They must ensure that it is crystal clear to anyone willing to accept to pay an additional 2% to Simplygon what is really going on and not use tricks to use the Simplygon license by mistake.

The roadmap mentions that 4.14 will include “Forward shading support (translucency, more shading models)”

Any info on what those shading models are?

Do I understand correctly that it will be possible to make most assets use deferred shading (for maximum lighting-related performance) while transparent/translucent assets and assets with multiple materials will be able to use forward shading for optimal results?