Unreal Engine 4.11 Preview

[=;501412]
Hey,

nope, this was done during a refactoring for the individual views to manage their active state; so i guess the change was done because it “looked correct” at the first look, but when following the whole flow that change meant that mouse capture would only work if either the mouse cursor was hidden from the playercontroller or the mouse cursor would be intentionally be hidden during the mouse capture (and i have to admit i got no idea why this would make sense, but maybe on a different platform?). So all i did was to move the capture up a little (as it was before actually).

Cheers,

Thank you
I had similar issue year ago with mouse capture and input modes which turned out to be intentional so I was afraid it would happen again.

question, do we have access to unreal jira ?

Thanks

[=;501589]
question, do we have access to unreal jira ?

Thanks

Nope. It was a feature that was discussed internally at epic, but never heard from that again afterwards.

Cheers,

I have accumulated info about Turn/LookUp into the one Bug Report - LookUp Turn Bug in UE 4.11 p. 8 - Programming & Scripting - Epic Developer Community Forums

[= Khusnutdinov;501779]
I have accumulated info about Turn/LookUp into the one Bug Report - LookUp Turn Bug in UE 4.11 p. 8 - Programming & Scripting - Epic Developer Community Forums

Nice, thanks for the summary.

I do hope they approve the pull requests (though of course, they could just change the 2 lines themselves), i would really love to get that Engine Contributor badge :wink:
cheers,

[=;501790]

I do hope they approve the pull requests (though of course, they could just change the 2 lines themselves), i would really love to get that Engine Contributor badge :wink:
cheers,

Why do you want that badge? :)))))

badges for ue4 are so cool :cool:

[=;501790]

cheers,

Good luck… <smiles> They are like six months behind on PR’s! Even though its just a two line fix…

[=Blink;497014]
BC7/BC6H Texture compression support is [thread=104795]broken[/thread]. Please fix it for 4.11!

I was wondering why the BC7 compression looks exactly the same as BC5 :P… Thankfully they fixed it!

[=;501790]

cheers,

I have a pull request accepted, and no badge. Where I can get one? )))

[=;502410]

Haha, we should make a new thread about that since this one should actually be reserved for the 4.11 preview :slight_smile:

Usually, Epic gives out the Engine Contributor badge when you have something accepted and merged into the code and they are matching the user with the registered email address of the account and the account. If you dont have the same mail-address for both, this may be a reason. If you do have the same mail address you could try pm’ing about it and see if he can do something.

Cheers,

Hi guys, i’m having this problem on preview8: Show mouse cursor disables mouse events - Programming & Scripting - Epic Developer Community Forums

There will be a fix for this?

Regards!

[=danielfalci;502551]
Hi guys, i’m having this problem on preview8: Show mouse cursor disables mouse events - Programming & Scripting - Epic Developer Community Forums

There will be a fix for this?

Regards!

This bug report is too new for a fix to be included in 4.11.0, but it will be evaluated for a future release.

We are aiming to release 4.11.0 this week.

Cheers

[=;502410]

Hi there! I’ll be giving badges out once 4.11 is released officially. It may take a day, but I will make sure you get your badge once 4.11 ships :slight_smile: Thanks for submitting your pull request!

[= Ellis;502558]
This bug report is too new for a fix to be included in 4.11.0, but it will be evaluated for a future release.

We are aiming to release 4.11.0 this week.

Cheers

Ok, thats pretty bad though. That means at least that the marketplace items FinalCamera and TopDownToolkit wont be compatible with 4.11, and pretty much games wont work anymore (just thinking of any kind of game that has a mouse cursor shown and needs to get the mouse acceleration).

That hurts a bit, since until that is fixed, i most probably wont get any more sales on my items :confused:

Thanks for the information though.

Cheers,

The new feature: “live animation recording from gameplay” - can we get a one sentence description of what this does? Sounds snazzy :slight_smile:

Crunch time for 4.11 release…end of March was promised :slight_smile: Good luck Epic!

[=;502757]
Crunch time for 4.11 release…end of March was promised :slight_smile: Good luck Epic!

“Promise” is a strong word that we know well enough to avoid in this industry. :wink:

We are still working hard to meet our goal however.

Cheers

How long does it usually take for a content example update once a new build is out? I’m DYING to learn more about the new shaders! Also in the first live stream someone asked if we could have examples of the new shaders… is that a possibility?!

Should adopt ID Software’s “when it’s done!” :stuck_out_tongue:

P.S. No, please don’t :o