Unreal Editor won't open in Ubuntu anymore

Hello. I had been using Unreal Engine 4 on my ubuntu 20.04 desktop pc last year for a few months and it worked just fine. I waited a few months for UE5 to release and compiled it a few days ago without any issues. However, when I try to open it, it just hangs with no error message. The Editor window never opens. I went back to check on the previous version of UE (4.27) I was using last year and it also hangs. The loading UE screen loads up to 100% and disappears, but the Editor never comes up. I was about to do a fresh reinstall of ubuntu/wait for ubuntu 22.04lts (I know 22.04 won’t decrease compatibility issues, quite the contrary. Though I still want to try it out. I’m also aware the recommended version is 18.04). However, before I start reinstalling Ubuntu, I wanted to know if anyone has any tips on how to fix this issue. My PC is very powerful, with UE installed on an SSD, 32 gb of RAM and a 16 core/32 thread CPU, so it is not an issue of waiting longer. I waited for about 45 minutes and the editor didn’t open, when last year it took about 2-3 minutes to open when UE4 was working. Also tried updating/changing GPU drivers and that didn’t work either. Logs don’t show any error as well. It just never opens.

As far as I know, UE5 is not compiled on Ubuntu 22.04. This will fixed future release 5.0.2.