Unreal Editor - Fatal Error - D3D11query.cpp - gpu has crashed

Hi all,

Unreal editor has been crashing within a minute of use. My driver is up to date , re-installed the engine and my windows 10 is up to date. I am using a GTX 1050 Ti.

Here is the crash log.

Fatal error: [File:D:\Build++UE4+Release-4.19+Compile\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Windows\D3D11RHI\Private\D3D11Query.cpp] [Line: 111] GPU has crashed

UE4Editor_Core!FDebug::AssertFailed() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\assertionmacros.cpp:419]
UE4Editor_D3D11RHI!FD3D11DynamicRHI::GetQueryData() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\d3d11query.cpp:111]
UE4Editor_D3D11RHI!FD3D11DynamicRHI::RHIEndDrawingViewport() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\d3d11viewport.cpp:615]
UE4Editor_RHI!FRHICommandList::EndDrawingViewport() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\rhi\private\rhicommandlist.cpp:1638]
UE4Editor_SlateRHIRenderer!FSlateRHIRenderer::DrawWindow_RenderThread() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\slaterhirenderer\private\slaterhirenderer.cpp:898]
UE4Editor_SlateRHIRenderer!TGraphTask > >::ExecuteTask() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\public\async\taskgraphinterfaces.h:829]
UE4Editor_Core!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksNamedThread() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:665]
UE4Editor_Core!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksUntilQuit() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:574]
UE4Editor_RenderCore!RenderingThreadMain() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\rendercore\private\renderingthread.cpp:331]
UE4Editor_RenderCore!FRenderingThread::Run() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\rendercore\private\renderingthread.cpp:465]
UE4Editor_Core!FRunnableThreadWin::Run() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsrunnablethread.cpp:76]

dxdiag

Here is the dxdiag info if needed.

Thanks,

I have been stuck with this problem and I am on 1060 if someone needs it.

i am on 1060 dude. same issue here.

If you’re on a laptop , plug in the ac cable, and it runs fine. It happens only when running a demanding project btw.

My man… excellent. As you said… it works when plugged in and it doesn’t properly when unplugged…like crash is gonna happen.

Why is that happening ? Is there any other permanent fix for this… like working fine while both plugged and unplugged.

Do u need any other details from my laptop ???

dude… there is a fix… i don’t know if it is permanent. but it works for me. i am using gtx 1060.

If you’re on a laptop , plug in the ac cable, and it runs fine. It happens only when running a demanding project btw

If you’re on a laptop , plug in the ac cable, and it runs fine. It happens only when running a demanding project btw

You do realize that it was me who wrote the answer and now you’re just copy-pasting the answer to every comment. You even commented on my comment with my answer.

The Intel integrated chip clearly can’t support Unreal. That’s why it keeps crashing. With more textures being loaded up in a vast project, the Intel chip can’t cope up with the work.

I have found out how to fix the problem with the “LowLevelFatalError GPU crashed” or found a workaround that no longer causes this error.

LowLevelFatalError [File:D:\build\PC\Engine\Source\Runtime\Windows\D3D11RHI\Private\D3D11Util.cpp] [Line: ***]
Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0006 - ‘HUNG’)

Please support me to spread this in other forums as there are a lot of people with this problem.
I’ve been busy for a week now and read a lot, which did not help!
(At least 7x 3 hrs. Ie 21 hrs.)

Please also help by writing to the devs that fix this bug, as I do not know exactly who is to blame for this bug.
Maybe the Unreal Engine Devs or graphics cards Devs.
(Graphics card manufacturer or driver creator)

Long story short, it is related to the Nvidia Garfikkarten that are already overclocked from house !!!
The so-called Nvidia OC graphic cards!

The overclocked Nvidia graphics cards have a problem with the Unreal Engine or its programming or vice versa!
That’s what I found out after days of testing!

Now for the help of me:

It now depends on the graphics card manufacturer, whether he provides an overclocking OC software on his website.
In my case I have a Zotac Geforce GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme and Zotac I had to download the overclocking tool “Firestorm” which is only intended for the Zotac OC graphics cards.

The point here is that with this tool we need to lower our graphics card back to normal, so that we can play the Unreal Engine games that get this low-level FatalError / GPU crashed.
So you download this tool, like Firestorm, MSI it is the Afterburner etc. down and changes the GPU clock down -200 / -400 MHz it was with me and saves! (do not forget!)
I have to leave the tool open, or in the background, if you can close it, I do not know.

(Before: It’s best to save the default settings so that you can use your OC Garfikkarten Power games that do not have this problem.
Some have but a standard setting button “default” which you can reset the back in auszusungszsutand with OC Pwoer.)

That’s it already!
Your Unreal Engine game should now work without this bug!

Have fun and maybe support me and let me have a small donation for the week of hard research and troubleshooting.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=57WG66MBSZTM6

PS:
For me it was 3 games that had this error.
I do not list these now because I will copy and paste this text to spread it and I do not want it to be deleted for advertising another game.

By the way, game developers are welcome to help inform Nvidia and Unreal Devs about this issue and have it resolved in collaboration.
After all, it also saves you a lot of time, trouble and above all money, as there are many players who will return the game due to this error.

Since I am a German, I have this text translated by Google Translator, I hope you can handle the English translation.
If not just comment or answer.

Thank you!