Unreal Editor crash at loading screen

i really hoped i come back here and report that the issue is fixed, but…
still the same problem. I do everything step by step the same like in the tutorial for really get sure.

an i now installed the old catalyst driver (vers. out of the tutorial)

but it crashes at 79% of loading -.- im really sad and confused now.(but i never give up)

PS.: on the wiki (A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums)
it says that there is a major problem with all R9 200/300 series driver.
so probably it is not done by changing to the old catalyst.

i would be fine to hear people with same problem who got this prob. solved (nothing found in the internet, yet)

first and second is with the old catalyst driver.
last file is with newest crimson update from yesterday

Could you provide the logs again since you’ve done the driver update? I’d like to see if they show any new information.

Try using the Windows Event Viewer to see the crash information. When you don’t get a Crash Reporter window, you can often get additional information using this method.

Here’s a guide on how to use it: A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements - Unreal Engine Forums

Please provide those logs once you are finished.

Also, how exactly are you running the editor? Are you using the Launch button through the Launcher?

yes, i use the normal launchbutton.

Logfile(i cant upload the file, but thats in it):

Faulting application name: UE4Editor.exe, version: 4.12.3.0, time stamp: 0x57607d46
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000000000
Faulting process id: 0x1780
Faulting application start time: 0x01d1cbf327d28ee0
Faulting application path: E:\micel\Projekte\Gameproduktion\Unreal\Epic Games\4.12\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 779e5334-f62e-4059-b0bc-27b3502a1830
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

DO you have the original version IE 4.9 or what ever it was before you upgraded?..

if so i have seen alot of issue with layouts and editor settings…
so what id try is to reset all layouts to default…
also make new map basic nothing in it save game with that as starter map and see if that works better…

Is that the full log? It looks like it may have gotten cut off.

that’s everything out of file, there is not more in it.

“Faulting package full name:” and
“Faulting package-relative application ID:”
is without specification

So after googling the error message that I’m seeing in your logs, I came across an article that contains some fixes that you can try to resolve this issue. Go ahead and run through these and let me know if it works.