Torch Technologies, a 100% employee-owned company, is seeking a professional Game Software Developer to join a team currently developing a virtual training device.
Candidates applying for this position will have the opportunity to apply your passion for developing interactive visualization products for the purpose of educating and training soldiers, sailors, airmen, marines, and civilians using the latest visualization technology (including Unreal Engine, Oculus Rift, etc).
The candidate will work as part of a highly-motivated visualization/training team to build high profile products that will ultimately be delivered to customers for the purpose of reducing training cost by significantly reducing or eliminating the need for high cost hardware trainers. The candidate selected for this position will be a member of an agile development team working closely with fellow programmers, artists, and subject matter experts to develop a virtual training device. Candidate must be able to work well both independently and within a multi-collaborative team environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Utilize Unreal Engine’s Blueprint system to code, test, and debug
- Follow best practices, development processes, and coding standards
- Conduct peer reviews and provide detailed documentation
- Collaborate with team members, customers, and Subject Matter Experts to develop products for military and commercial customers
- Have a solid understanding of video game engine technology
- Have demonstrated ability to program in Unreal Engine using Blueprints
- Have a solid understanding of Object Oriented Programming Methodology
- Experience coding in C++
- Experience developing games with Unity utilizing C#
- Experience using Perforce or similar version control software
- Experience using JIRA or similar agile development tools
- Possess a demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize workload, manage time efficiently, and work in a team environment
- Thorough knowledge of the game development process
- Must be autonomous while working on set tasks from the schedule
- Highly organized with excellent spoken and written communication skills
- A portfolio of game or eLearning programming
- A Masters Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Game Development and five (5) years of directly related experience is required. Additional relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
**Apply here: **Deltek Talent Management - Log in](Deltek Talent Management - Log in)