Unreal Destructive Mesh On Mobile

Hi, Im Trying To Add Destructive Stuff To My Game And I Keep Getting A Problem, Now, I Cannot Use Unreals Destruction For It Does Not Support Mobile, But Instead I Must Use My Own “Methods” To Achieve It…

I Tried Adding A Already Fractured Mesh From Blender Or Houdini Or Anywhere, Into Unreal, But It Comes In Pieces, In Houdini, I Added It As Skeleton But The Mesh Never Played The Destruction Animation, Infact It Never Even Appeared In The Actual Export Node, Had To Find Another Way… I Soon Found Alembic Animation, LAST Resort, To Achieve It And Now I Have It But The Problem Is, I Cannot Add It Or Spawn It Or Do Anything, It Can Only Be Added And “Manual Tick” Player, Which I Can’t Access From The Level, Any Help Is Appreciated Thanks

Nvm, I Found What I Believe To Be The Answer, In An Actor BP, +Add Component GeometryCache And Assign The ABC To That GeometryCache, Then You Can Run It Upon Collision.

Did you achieved it ?

umm, no, because the system isnt on mobile, instead you can simulate using abc cache, so playing a baked animation of the desctrution upon destruction. but other methods include changing the mesh to an already destroyed version with vfx, that looked promising, but overall, i used the latter, but yeah lol

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.