Unreal crashing with D3D11RHI error

Unreal crashes whenever he wants with this error

Assertion failed: Status < (sizeof(*RtlpNumberOf(AftermathReason))) [File:D:/Build/++UE4+Licensee/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/Windows/D3D11RHI/Private/D3D11RHI.cpp] [Line: 667]

UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_D3D11RHI
UE4Editor_D3D11RHI
UE4Editor_D3D11RHI
UE4Editor_D3D11RHI
UE4Editor_D3D11RHI
UE4Editor_RHI
UE4Editor_RHI
UE4Editor_RHI
UE4Editor_RHI
UE4Editor_RHI
UE4Editor_SlateRHIRenderer
UE4Editor_SlateRHIRenderer
UE4Editor_SlateRHIRenderer
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_RenderCore
UE4Editor_RenderCore
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
kernel32
ntdll

Are your video drivers up to date?

I updated them recently

What have you tried so far?

  • Uninstall / reinstall drivers?
  • switch from studio driver to game ready or vice-versa?
  • turned off scaling in the nvidia control panel?
  • …

same here since 4.25.3 and now with both 4.26 p7 and full release.

try’d all of the above and no dice. Uninstalling in safe with DDU I have tried most recent and older drivers for both game and studio.

still get

[2020.12.08-10.56.38:433][650]LogD3D12RHI: Error: hr failed
at D:/Build/++UE4/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/D3D12RHI/Private/D3D12Resources.cpp:355
with error DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED with Reason: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

love UE4 but this kind of temperamentality may have me jumping back to vray for my visualisation needs as I spend more time troubleshooting than doing;/