Unreal Community in Ireland?

Hey everyone.

My family and I just relocated to Dublin and I was wondering if there are any Unreal devs here I can meet up with?
Any meetups / events or the like.

Thanks!

Hey there are no meetups or events in Ireland for unreal engine currently.

That’s a pity. Guess I’ll look for some more generic game dev communities until we can start a UE meetup. Thanks for the info

There is group on facebook IrishGameDev that would probably be best place to ask. Also the game developers website to check for game developers events https://gamedevelopers.ie/

There are quite a few developer events in London. You should be able to quite easily get a ticket to fly to London for the day or two on an airline for under £200.

Thanks everyone.
So I would love to attend some events in the UK, but that will have to be a bit later in the year. Being from South Africa means earning money in a currency that’s pretty worthless, and coming to Ireland was kind of a budget shock :slight_smile:

So plane tickets would be me and my wife and young son, plus event tickets plus UK visas end up costing quite a bit. So I’ll take some time and settle down here, and build some savings then I will definitely look into some events in other countries.

Thanks for the advice, I will check out the groups mentioned.

Hi there! I’m arriving in Dublin in a couple of months and I’ve been asking myself this same question. Did you find any Unreal devs meetup? (for sure now in pandemic mode we’d need to adapt how we meet each other)

What a pity, man. But thanks for answering!