Student Submission: Yes/No

• No

Credits to sourced content:

• Windwalker Echo
  • Megascans European Hornbeam
  • MWConifer Forest
  • Spring Landscape
  • Free sounds form Soundly

insert a screenshot of your project (in the editor)

Optional

Did you use Houdini?

• Yes, for a rock generator

Description

• When I first brainstormed an idea for this challenge I immediately thought about Avatar The Last Airbender. Inspired by Earthbenders i sought to create an similar FX within Unreal Engine. I wanted the “performance” to be short and intense but also offer a sense of balance and security.

• The scene was done entirely in Unreal within a week, with Echo Control Rig and Niagara Systems made from scratch. The NS have user parameters exposed so i can fully control the systems within Unreal Engine Sequencer using keyframes to match the animation from the character.
    I am a bit sad that my pc had some problems and I could not profit from the full timeframe of the challenge and the Houdini license offered by SideFX.

• Overall I had lots of fun with Niagara, incredible tool, I learned a lot in this tight deadline that I somehow managed to pull off :laughing: and I am satisfied of the outcome.

Engine version

1 Like

Love love love the Avatar references! I’m tempted to make my own after seeing this!! :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you, means a lot to me!
You should totally do it, I guarantee that moving rocks in the viewport can be made a lot more fun in this way :laughing: !

1 Like