Unreal Challenge: Creep it Real

Title: The Devil’s Parlor

Link to video:
The Devil’s Parlor- Creep it Reel

Screenshots:

Student Submission: No

Credits to sourced content:

Megascans and Quixel Bridge

Music-Brooklyn Classical- Moonlight Sonata- Mvt.1 (Beethoven)
Licensed from Artlist.io

Hi!
I decided to make a scene based on an old house I lived in with a dramatic parlor. I call this entry “The Devil’s Parlor”.
It was made with Unreal Engine 4.26 with assets from the Unreal Engine Marketplace and Quixel Bridge.

• MUSIC*
    Brooklyn Classical- Moonlight Sonata- Mvt.1 (Beethoven)
    Licensed from Artlist.io
    Unreal Engine 4.26
2 Likes

Love the atmosphere and music!

1 Like

Thank you!! :slight_smile: Moonlight sonata felt perfect for this scene.

1 Like

Greetings @amelianaomiart1 !

Welcome to the Unreal Engine community! :medal_sports:

Thank you for participating in this month’s challenge! :goat:

There is evil afoot in The Devil’s Parlor. Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata opens beautifully in stark contrast to the brutal sacrifice dramatically centered between the moonlit windows, with each camera angle revealing detail-by-detail what occurred here, and yet, we still aren’t completely sure. What we do know is that many have met their demise in The Devil’s Parlor, but the One standing alone unscathed lives life deliciously. :wink:

What inspired you to use Moonlight Sonata for the soundtrack? Great choice, by the way!

1 Like

Wow! Thank you so much for your comment! You have a way with words. :slight_smile:
The “Devil’s Parlor” was inspired by a home I lived in briefly. It was a victorian home with a parlor that looked very similar to this one. The home felt very dark and dreary no matter what we did to make it comforting. In the short period of time we lived there I remember my mom playing Moonlight Sonata on the piano often. Hearing that song in that environment was always a bit unnerving because it is such a beautiful song. Thankfully we eventually moved to a much happier and warm place. :slight_smile:

1 Like