Unreal Challenge : Creep It Real

For questions relating to the current active challenge please use the tag UnrealChallenge
For submissions please include the tag CreepItReal

**Title: The Hunt

insert link to your video : The Hunt
60 secs video Director’s Cut

Student Submission: No

Credits to sourced content:
Restaurant Crime Scene in Environments - UE Marketplace (unrealengine.com)
Counter & Finisher Animations in Animations - UE Marketplace (unrealengine.com)
Sketchfab - The best 3D viewer on the web
Werewolf Animation Set in Animations - UE Marketplace (unrealengine.com)
Werewolf in Characters - UE Marketplace (unrealengine.com)
Close Combat Animset in Animations - UE Marketplace (unrealengine.com)
Superhero Flight Animations in Animations - UE Marketplace (unrealengine.com)

*insert a screenshot of your project

Optional

• Description : Moonknight vs werewolf by night
  • Engine version Unreal Engine 5.1
7 Likes

Excellent job! Very fun to watch, great action, on theme. All around great. I love the soft and stylized lighting you used, the low camera angles a just the right time. I think the most difficult thing about a scene like this that you nailed was the basics of the edit. It is very easy in an action scene for the viewer to get lost in the action, but you followed the basics principles of filmmaking and editing and it paid off. The story and action was all very readable and let me just sit back and enjoy the fun.

Quick note, I see that you added audio in Premiere (which is 100% allowed), but it also seems that you edited your footage and added titles in Premiere, which I would double check on, because I believe that is against the rules. Also, the max length is :60 sec.

This is super great and I would hate to see this disqualified. Keep up the great work!

3 Likes

Finally ! , someone has responded to this, I’m just waiting for someone who really cares about my work, it’s my fault for not checking the rules carefully, I’m really working hard on this project and I don’t want to cut it to 60, it’s ok to me being disqualified, thanks for letting me know this.

I don’t blame you my man. I’ve started doing these competitions to grow my demo reel, so I don’t really care about winning either, I just like having some structure and community to give direction to my work.

Here’s an idea, keep the full cut up because it’s obviously well done, but also just render out the last 60 sec of the scene, everything past the wide shot looking through the ceiling fan. It’s a natural break in the pacing of the edit, still has some fun action, sticks within the time limit, and most importantly for the competition, it still shows off the environment.

We can just call this version your ‘Director’s Cut’.

2 Likes

Hi, I have uploaded the director’s cut, thank you so much for supporting me, I appreciate it :pray:

Nice show, I like it.

1 Like

thank you !

Awesome camera and lighting works, keep it up!

1 Like

thank you sep :smiley: