[Unreal Challenge] Creep It Real | DIM

For questions relating to the current active challenge please use the tag UnrealChallenge
For submissions please include the tag CreepItReal

Title:
DIM

insert link to your video

Student Submission: Yes/No (pick one)
Yes

Credits to sourced content:

• Assets Sources
  1. Knife : Butcher Knife - Download Free 3D model by beyondmatter [a8677d9] - Sketchfab
  2. Ventilator : Old Air Conditioner - Download Free 3D model by Mkc (@ixMkc1) [dd16906] - Sketchfab
  3. Dead Body : Low Poly Dead Body Covered Game Ready - Download Free 3D model by Arthur.Zim [1e6ae13] - Sketchfab
  4. Switch : Simple Light Switch - Download Free 3D model by BillieBones [32d02fa] - Sketchfab
  5. Radiator : Rusty Radiator - Download Free 3D model by loxfear [37aedf9] - Sketchfab
  6. Locker : Old Locker - Download Free 3D model by Jay Mandal (@mandaljay10) [9797ff3] - Sketchfab
  7. Radio : Radio from P.T. (Silent Hills) - Download Free 3D model by Theory.OAD [1583713] - Sketchfab
  8. Door : Metal Door - Download Free 3D model by Shedmon [92dd634] - Sketchfab
  9. Crow : ANIMAL VARIETY PACK, 카테고리 캐릭터 - UE 마켓플레이스
  10. Zombie : zombie monster slasher necromorph - Download Free 3D model by wojciechmiedziocha [d2f9be4] - Sketchfab
  11. Drawing : Horror Drawing - Download Free 3D model by Sophie (@Sofi_EX) [fea3748] - Sketchfab
  12. Demon : Demon Warrior & Axes of Agony - Download Free 3D model by Pedro B. Goulart (@Pebegou) [600fabe] - Sketchfab
  13. Other things only : Quixel Bridge - Manage 3D content and export with one click
  14. Sound : www.freesound.org

insert a screenshot of your project (in the editor)

Optional

• Description
    I added the sound as a different program. All tasks except sound were completed with Unreal Engine only. Thank you.
  • Engine version
    Version 5.0.3
7 Likes

This took me back to my Redisent Evil gaming days. I was screaming at your guy “GRAB THAT KNIFE” then when he didn’t I was thinking “Fine! Your dead”.

Good job!

3 Likes

Greetings @anonymous_user_a3402b08 !

Thank you for participating in this month’s challenge! Like @HR_Sweat , DIM made me nostalgic for both Resident Evil and Silent Hill.

I can tell that you had a lot of fun creating this! Did you gather your inspiration from any horror-based games, films, or art? If so, which one(s)?

2 Likes

Hello. If I have a chance, I will show you the performance of the player holding a knife and fighting against it. Thank you so much for the comments that gave me a lot of strength.

3 Likes

Hello. Thank you very much for your interest. I thought that fear was [darkness, unknown existence, threat of life], so I made it by considering these three things. In this process, wonderful works such as Resident Evil and Silent Hill may have been derived from memory. Thank you so much for the encouraging comments.

2 Likes

ya man, post it up!

1 Like

Obvious horror and gore appearance aside, it was the growling that affected me the most. Something about zombie noises is just the worst.

Great submission and I wish you all the luck with the challenge. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello, thank you for making me feel right about choosing the sound carefully. Unreal Challenge will be a good memory to give me confidence in my future challenges. Thank you so much for wishing me luck. I always feel the same way about you. Thank you for your precious comments.

I’m catching zombies. Wait a little bit!