Unreal can't remove anything

The problem was there in the last few engine version, I am not sure what can cause this.
If I remove something in the content browser, it isn’t displayed there anymore - but it is still in the file explorer, and next time I start the engine, the asset is there again.

I am not talking about asset redirectors, the asset itself stays there.

Hello Elathan,

I have a few questions for you that will help narrow down what issue it is that you are experiencing.

Quick questions:

1. Can you reproduce this issue in a clean project?
  2. If so, could you provide a detailed list of steps to reproduce this issue on our end?
  3. Could you try verifying your engine and let me know if this makes a difference?
  4. Could you provide screen shots of any settings/blueprints/assets involved with this issue?

I failed to reproduce it in an empty project, it happens only in my game project.
And it happens with any asset btw: e.g. I tried with a blueprint class based on actor, and unreal failed to remove that too.

I’ve noticed this behavior as well. When deleting, renaming, or moving assets, the files remain on the file system and reappear the next time the editor is opened.

Hello jeff2365,

Could you answer the questions that I asked of Elathan?

Hello jeff2365,

We have not heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing the issue you reported, please respond to this message with additional information and we will follow up.

Thanks,