Quixel Megascans
Starter Content
SoulCave [waterfalls]
Animated Bat Free 3D model [cgtrader]
Batmobile 1989 [cgtrader]
Batman armored [EgirX]

[EDITOR]

[PASSES]

This is my second Unreal project i’ve worked on, and I have learned A LOT!
I decided to revisit my old Batcave project I made in Octane years ago, and bring it to life in Unreal, with new Lumen and Nanite technology! I re-textured the entire scene from scratch and re-designed the entire cave with Quixel Megascan Nanite assets and instances. I was able to quickly add water falls, flying bats and smoke aswell. I am so proud to be part of this challenge and community.

[side notes + extras]
*I was having aliasing issues and volumetric flickering in the render queue, but it is flawless within the viewport. Still lots of technical things to learn with Unreal.

Here is an early build where I couldn’t decide between Day or Night lighting.

[additional progress screenshots]

Thanks for reading/watching!
-CD

• Engine version: Unreal Engine 5.0.2 + Pr for audio
9 Likes

Very cool ! I would have loved to see more of the batmobile though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! I had a few shots I wanted to use but it felt too fast paced and less epic, so I stuck with the one slow fly-in shot. I should have just submitted 10 extra seconds like others have. Oh well… I may add some more stuff on my Artstation once the challenge is over.
*edit: I really didn’t expose the batmobile or batman very well did I haha… in the shadows he remains! lol

1 Like

Can I download/purchase this project? That awesome