Unreal 5 - Take Recorder - I can no longer record float variables that are 'exposed to cinematics'?

In 4.27, I could record float variables from a blueprint using take recorder. This would allow me to play back those recorded variables on my recorded actor. Super super useful for all sorts of extra things my animations needed to reference.

To allow them to be recorded in Take Recorder I just had to tick ‘Public’ and ‘Expose to cinematics’ on the variable’s properties.

Having ported my actor to Unreal 5, I can only see Booleans in the recorded properties section of take recorder, and absolutely no floats, even though ‘expose to cinematics’ is enabled. Has functionality for floats been removed? This is a bit of a problem if so.

Please point me in the right direction if I’ve missed a checkbox somewhere.

Unfortunately, you’ve found a bug with our float to double conversion. I’ve filed a bug here and you can track it when the report is made visible to the public. I’ll let you know if I have further updates.

1 Like

This has been fixed and will come out with the 5.0.3 hotfix. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.