Unreal 5 fps slows down the longer it is open until it crashes

Hi there, when I open my project it will run at 60 fps and I can do everything easily, but as it remains open longer the fps will lower up until about an hour has passed and it hits 5fps then it will crash at some point soon after that when I try to do something in the editor (fps remains the same between unlit and lit mode). It seems like there may be a massive memory leak or some other issue, let me know if you have any suggestions on how I might fix this :slight_smile:

go to Task Manager and open the Performance tab

what does it look like when the editor is having low framerate?

Hi there, thank you for your reply, often times the GPU 3D will be at 100%, however if I close it out then reopen Unreal and try to do the same operation again, it uses much less of the GPU. It is odd why it would take different amounts of resources at different times :slight_smile:

i would try to make a brand new project from the empty template and see if it also causes frame problems. If the new project doesn’t cause problems, then you know there is something wrong with your original project

then i would start leaning how to use the profiling tools that Unreal Engine offers :
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=unreal+profiling

1 Like

Sounds good, thanks :slight_smile: