Unreal 5 early access Chaos sample VehicleAdv not working

Thx Epic for all your amazing programs, and your vision for the 3d universe.

I know is the first day of the early access of Unreal 5 today, is like a first date, so excited :slight_smile:

I try especially the VehicleAdv sample and the vehicle do not move at all.
So, just create the project using the sample, on start Unreal ask for updating the project and so on.
Then i press play and the vehicle land on floor the suspension still work durring the landing, the camera work, the sound also etc… but, the front wheels do not trun left and right and the vehicle simply do not move.

Do Unreal 5 Chaos Vehicles Plugin is usable ?
Do is need to compile from source to have it ?

Thx.

I try on my home computer this evening (after the job computer this morning) and it is working this time.
I do not know what i do differently, except it is not the same computer ?
There is no much different way to do anyway, just create the project and play it … so ?

Anyway it is working now, so exited :slight_smile:

Hi,
In fact, sadly on my test the same project can work or not work during the same session of time.
Escape and retry to play can randomly make it work.
This can happen also during the play the car suddenly stop working.

Some strange behaviours when is working:

• The front wheels stop rolling at some point during the decelerate at some range speed even if they can turn left and right.
  • The reverse as brake option can simply not work on some car and work on other.
  • The torque have some loose of power.
  • Changing the same parameters can broke the setup and the car dont work or vice and versa.

Not work (

I noticed that the car loses control at a complete physical stop in space (not at zero speed, but in the absence of movement). at the start of the level, it sometimes moves, and sometimes does not move, because sometimes the initial inertia from the fall of the car to the ground is preserved. If you substitute a springboard down in place of the respawn, then at the start there will always be control until the car stops completely. You can fix the error if you add an impulse to the blueprint after pressing the forward action (x = 1 for forward, and x = -1 for backward):

I noticed that the car loses control at a complete physical stop in space (not at zero speed, but in the absence of movement). at the start of the level, it sometimes moves, and sometimes does not move, because sometimes the initial inertia from the fall of the car to the ground is preserved. If you substitute a springboard down in place of the respawn, then at the start there will always be control until the car stops completely. You can fix the error if you add an impulse to the blueprint after pressing the forward action (x = 1 for forward, and x = -1 for backward)