Unreal 5 Build crash aqProf.dll VtuneApi.dll

Same error (UE 5.3)

DryreLUIEssentials.log (183.5 KB)

Hey all, I just wanted to reach out and thank you for posting the solution I was able to save my project by deleting the config file this allowed Unreal to open with the default level I then fixed all redirects on content folder. I had to Turn on all plug-ins and settings before reopening the main level.

this solved all my issues with aqProf.dll and Vtune.api fail to load errors.

post still helping people in 2024 thanks so very much!

1 Like

Hey everyone. I had this problem (I thinl this is the same problem) after moving default level to another folder. And after trying to load this project again UE couldn’t find this level and crashed.
So I went to Project\Config\DefaultEngine.ini and changed path to level manualy.
There are 2 places:
EditorStartupMap=
GameDefaultMap=

Then it worked whitout deleting config. Hope this will help

I had a MetaHuman error too, and I managed to fix it by changing the MetaHuman Identity module from “Runtime” to “Editor”, and now it works. The fix was posted in this thread.

When you say “turn on all plugins and settings”, could you unpack that a bit? Did you turn on every plugin you could? Did you turn on all of the project settings? Thanks!

Same problem with missing dll type of crash. But it figures my crash don’t have anything to do with them. In modeling mode with extrude path i just had set extra point and unreal crashed. When didn’t do it all works perfectly fine. So many reports with this missing dll but with different actions to cause it. So maybe problem not with dll itself but in some wrong action that cause a crash. Who knows…

These DLLs are related to DirectX. When we run headless we get these errors (but they aren’t a problem in this case):

LogWindows: Failed to load 'aqProf.dll' (GetLastError=126)
LogWindows: File 'aqProf.dll' does not exist
LogProfilingDebugging: Loading WinPixEventRuntime.dll for PIX profiling (from ../../../Engine/Binaries/ThirdParty/Windows/WinPixEventRuntime/x64).
LogWindows: Failed to load 'VtuneApi.dll' (GetLastError=126)
LogWindows: File 'VtuneApi.dll' does not exist
LogWindows: Failed to load 'VtuneApi32e.dll' (GetLastError=126)
LogWindows: File 'VtuneApi32e.dll' does not exist
type or paste code here

Try deleting the DerivedDataCache folder from the Engine install directory. Also, under Settings, disable any 3rd party plugins (ie. Substance) if open.

Also, in pre-existing projects, in the Project Folder, delete the Intermediate and Saved folders. Then, open the project, and select “Contents” in the Content Browser and select “Fix up redirectors…” and save project.

Fixed my problem with 5.4.3