Unreal 5.4.1 constant spikes on fps

I found this to be an issue when using the new ZenLoader DDC, for some reason it misses very often and needs to rebuild textures

When I switched back to the previous DDC this issue was resolved for me

I just used the 5.3 DDC settings in my DefaultEngine.ini:

[DerivedDataBackendGraph]
; Configure the hierarchy as the root of the cache. Reads access the nodes in order until satisfied. Writes go to every writable node.
Root=(Type=Hierarchical, Inner=Pak, Inner=EnginePak, Inner=Local, Inner=Shared, Inner=Cloud)
Local=(Type=FileSystem, UnusedFileAge=34, PromptIfMissing=true, Path=%ENGINEDIR%DerivedDataCache, EnvPathOverride=UE-LocalDataCachePath, EditorOverrideSetting=LocalDerivedDataCache, CommandLineOverride=LocalDataCachePath)
; Configure the shared cache that is accessed after local.
Shared=(Type=FileSystem, UnusedFileAge=10, FoldersToClean=10, ConsiderSlowAt=70, Path=?EpicDDC, EnvPathOverride=UE-SharedDataCachePath, EditorOverrideSetting=SharedDerivedDataCache, CommandLineOverride=SharedDataCachePath)
; Configure the cloud cache that is accessed after shared.
Cloud=(Type=Cloud, ServerID=Default, EnvHostOverride=UE-CloudDataCacheHost, CommandLineHostOverride=CloudDataCacheHost, CommandLineOAuthSecretOverride="CloudDataCacheOAuthSecret", OAuthAccessTokenEnvOverride="UE-CloudDataCacheAccessToken", EnvHttpVersionOverride="UE-CloudDataCacheHttpVersion", CommandLineHttpVersionOverride="CloudDataCacheHttpVersion")
; Configure a Project Pak node. This is a pre-generated DDC data file for the project that can be distributed to reduce runtime fetches/generation
; See documentation for how to create a DDP via the DerivedDataCache commandlet
Pak=(Type=ReadPak, Filename="%GAMEDIR%DerivedDataCache/DDC.ddp")
; Configure a Project Pak node. This is a pre-generated DDC data file for the engine that can be distributed to reduce runtime fetches/generation
EnginePak=(Type=ReadPak, Filename="%ENGINEDIR%DerivedDataCache/DDC.ddp")
3 Likes