Unreal 5.3 ignores changes in Visual Studio Code

I’m using Unreal 5.3 on Ubuntu 23.04 “Lunar.” I’m not using Windows (I really can’t stand it), and there is no Visual Studio on Linux. But we have VS Code, the development platform that Epit and Unreal recommend. So far so good.

My only problem is that, when I make a change in my C++ code, my game does not notice. (Yes, I did save, otherwise VS Code would not build the changes.) If I close the whole game window and then start it from VS Code, with the option Launch GameNameEditor (Development) (workspace), the editor will open with the changes. But I can’t, in practice, close and reopen the editor at every single change in the code. I tried running make GameNameEngine from the terminal. That too builds the game, but the editor still ignores the changes.

The simplest change I make to verify that there is a change is change the name of a UPROPERTY variable editable in the “Details” pane of the editor. Or add or remove some. It usually takes me hours to see them appear, get removed, or get modified. Again: the problem seems to only be that the editor ignores the changes.

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks.

@eje2111 ever solved this? Still an issue with UE 5.3.2 in case you got that already?