unreal 5.0.3 building for sdk target 35 android google people

hi, i wanted to know how to build for android target sdk 35, using unreal 5.0.3 i did it with 5.3 but its badly optimized engine i reverted to unreal 5.0.3 but now, at sdk target 35 i get crashes, i downloaded all the necesarry sdks and all that for 35, but issue seems oddly persisnent, the app crashes on mobile without any warning, just doesnt open, fix this, NOW.

so, has any one experienced this or am i just way too far ahead of the curve as usual.

ok, so issue is in ndk area i believe, for example, 23 compiles but doesnt run app, but 21 does, so, maybe try em out, since its from 21-23 min to max ndk allowed for 5.0.3,

fixed it, great news. using 19 to 35 api on unreal 5.0.3, works just have to set it up correctly.

using ndk 21.4.7 i was able to get api 35 to launch without auto crashing on android, works great.

Could you elaborate your Android Studio settings?
I struggled with UE4.27 in order to update my app, and UE5.0 is almost the same in Android environment: they require Android Studio 4.0. UE5.3 require AS Flamingo.
I think you have done something to downgrade the Android Settings. I really appreciate you tell me your settings such as:

• Android Studio
  • SDK Build Tool
  • UPL for packaging

its pretty simple, ive installed all the sdks up to api 35, and build tools including the latest build tool, i made sure that there were no holes in the android studio department, then i just did some basic tests with the ndks i downloaded in android studio, since every engine has the minimum, maximum ndk requirement thing, it can be used to set it up for specific builds.

so:
all sdk platforms installed for my convinience.
downloaded all build tools.
downloaded the required ndk for my specific engine version for testing out each.
downloaded all the android sdk command line tools. just for assurance sake.
and yeah thats it, just make sure android studio is all set up.
then you can do tests each ndk on each engine.

@araz01 your game working fine with SDK35?
I have problem with SDK 34… my game crashing after start. I need update from SDK33 to SDK34 (Google Play requirement).
On SDK33 game working fine

well, game was working fine with the top requirements, yes i could run with sdk 35, unreal 5.0.3, auto install bat

im doin further tests to see what works and how, etc, mite take a wile

i did some further tests.
i see that with auto install bat it works fine.
but after moving my sdks and ndks and all to diff drive, i realize that manual install just crashes after api 34, i tried changing jdk to highest point, with is jdk 13.0.2, i believe for unreal 5.0.3, but even then the ndks crash, various issues i found with the build.
ndks above 21.4.7 crashes even on 33 api, but 21.4.7 was working with api 35, but manual install i believe just crashes, im not sure, i cant repeat it since i move all stuff to diff drive.

long story short, it just doesnt build for 34 or 35, no idea why, i treid many tests, even wasted a few days, which typicall would be enough to build my next triple a game. anyhows.

currently im gonna go with the easy solution and see if upgrading to 5.1 or 5.2 if it doesnt have optimization issues, is to my benefit and of it working, just a ton of hassle for nothing.

seriously, how hard is it to make something that works unreal.
fix this. now.

This is super interesting. (Needed for Google requirement stuff)

I’m using 5.4.0 with The latest sdk/ndk/tools etc, But when I go to compile, it says my compiler can only go to 33. Seems you’ve hit the same wall.
So I guess I’m here just to join the list of people waiting for the fix.

I look forward to see if you make any headway, I’ve been banging my head against the wall for what feels like a month now, I came to the conclusion I’m just not skilled enough to figure this out.

oh no, you can easily build with 5.3 prob def 5.4, its just idk what it is with 5.0 might be something just doesnt work crashes, idk, exact issue, could also be my set up. it was working. but ive built with 5.3, you just gotta set it up correctly.

i guess while im waitin ill do further tests to see if i can crack the code on 5.0.3, sometimes you just need a genius to make it happen

I’m curious why you reckon Im getting this error when I compile?

Unreal: WARNING:R8: An API level of 34 is not supported by this compiler. Please use an API level of 33 or earlier.

This is using 5.4.0.

This is a link to an post few days after yours. Link

idk, i think you might be using maybe wrong ndk version or something? because each ndk iv learned, builds with certain api level, so too high, might build with higher version i think, i kno only little from my few days of expereince but try reducing ndk version youve chosen.

for example, ndk 23 on 5.0.3 was building with api of i think 31 or something, or 30, so, yeah lol,
where as older ndks build with api 29 or somthin

quick update, its sabath is coming up now, sunday, starting from this evening till sunday evening.
and i just wanted to say, it seems i may have these issues due to some kind of problem with moving the sdks and ndks and jdks to external drive, etc, all this must of caused some kind of issue of some kind, will address this after sabath.

edit:
sabath is over and simple log tests gave me detail descrp of whats causing the issue:
2024-07-28 19:08:50.528 8523-8523/? E/AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: main
Process: com.arazstudio.testproj, PID: 8523
java.lang.SecurityException: com.arazstudio.testproj: One of RECEIVER_EXPORTED or RECEIVER_NOT_EXPORTED should be specified when a receiver isn’t being registered exclusively for system broadcasts
at android.os.Parcel.createExceptionOrNull(Parcel.java:3069)
at android.os.Parcel.createException(Parcel.java:3053)
at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:3036)
at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:2978)
at android.app.IActivityManager$Stub$Proxy.registerReceiverWithFeature(IActivityManager.java:6157)
at android.app.ContextImpl.registerReceiverInternal(ContextImpl.java:1913)
at android.app.ContextImpl.registerReceiver(ContextImpl.java:1853)
at android.app.ContextImpl.registerReceiver(ContextImpl.java:1841)
at android.content.ContextWrapper.registerReceiver(ContextWrapper.java:772)
at com.epicgames.unreal.GameActivity.onStart(GameActivity.java:744)
at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnStart(Instrumentation.java:1582)
at android.app.Activity.performStart(Activity.java:9008)
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleStartActivity(ActivityThread.java:4198)
at android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.performLifecycleSequence(TransactionExecutor.java:225)
at android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.cycleToPath(TransactionExecutor.java:205)
at android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.executeLifecycleState(TransactionExecutor.java:177)
at android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.execute(TransactionExecutor.java:98)
at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:2685)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:106)
at android.os.Looper.loopOnce(Looper.java:230)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:319)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:8919)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:578)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:1103)
Caused by: android.os.RemoteException: Remote stack trace:
at com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.registerReceiverWithFeature(ActivityManagerService.java:16680)
at android.app.IActivityManager$Stub.onTransact$registerReceiverWithFeature$(IActivityManager.java:11613)
at android.app.IActivityManager$Stub.onTransact(IActivityManager.java:2961)
at com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.onTransact(ActivityManagerService.java:3199)
at android.os.Binder.execTransactInternal(Binder.java:1375)

one step closer to the fix

edit, just few minutes later i was able to fix it:
wonderful NEWS! i was able to fix it, its basic issue that occurs in devoloperbuilds i think, but overall this is the fix, building for shipping i think it doesnt occur but here i found the fix:
pretty easy to do, just edit the java file in txt notepad and you can easily run in with api 35:
here is place where i fixed it:

hi, i looked into the issue further and fixed it here:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.