Unreal 4.10 Tappy Chicken fails to deploy to Android

Hi folks,

I’m running into an error when trying to deploy an unedited Unreal 4.10 version of Tappy Chicken to my . It seems to be a problem unique to UE 4.10 - I was able to successfully deploy an unedited version of 4.9 Tappy Chicken to my Nexus.

Here’s what seems to be the main error:

BuildCommand.Execute: ERROR: BUILD FAILED

Program.Main: ERROR: AutomationTool terminated with exception:

Program.Main: ERROR: Exception in mscorlib: Could not find a part of the path ‘H:\Unreal Projects\TappyChicken\Saved\StagedBuilds\Android_ATC\TappyChicken’.

Here’s the full log file:
[link text][1]

For some context:
I have the latest version of NVIDIA CodeWorks for Android installed. Through the CodeWorks Chooser, I have installed the “Standard” set of components for Android development. This setup works fine for the 4.9 version of Tappy Chicken, as mentioned earlier, but fails for the 4.10 version. I also have a personal project that I upgraded from UE 4.8 to UE 4.10, and it fails in the same way that 4.10 Tappy Chicken does (but it deployed fine back on UE 4.8).

I left the default Project Settings for Platforms > Android SDK for both 4.9 and 4.10. More specifically, the locations for Android SDK, NDK, ANT, and JAVA are left blank. The SDK API Level is matchndk and the NDK API Level is. Once again, this works for in UE 4.9, but fails in UE 4.10.

Any help is much appreciated! Thank you!

68580-tappychicken4_10.log (14.2 KB)

Hey WeakPoint,

Could you please look over this [AnswerHub post][1] and let me know whether or not the suggestions provided help the issue you’re running in to?

This looks like the error you’re running in to: ERROR: Exception in mscorlib: Could not find a part of the path ‘H:\Unreal Projects\TappyChicken\Saved\StagedBuilds\Android_ATC\TappyChicken’.

Let me know how it goes, thank you!

Can't package project - Platform & Builds - Epic Developer Community Forums

Hi ,

Thanks for the reply. I looked at the post you linked. The solution in that post involves creating an empty project and repopulating the contents of the original project into the empty one. Because I’m working with an unchanged copy of the Tappy Chicken example project, I don’t think that’s the solution I need. I would think that the Tappy Chicken project would just work out of the box, so I think the problem I’m facing has something to do with UE 4.10’s compatibility with the Android SDK. Because my Android SDK installation works fine with UE 4.9, I believe this is a problem with UE 4.10 specifically.

I also looked at the post linked within the post you linked. The issue they had there was:
Exception in mscorlib: An item with the same key has already been added
That’s a totally different issue than the one I’m seeing, so I don’t think it’s related.



I have tested this out on my . Tappy Chicken from 4.10 was tested on Android Lollipop OS and Marshmallow OS. Both worked without any troubles. Does your Android SDK look similar to the following? Please provide me a screenshot.



Hi ,

Thanks again for the reply. I didn’t have the same Android SDK settings - I was just using the default settings. I changed my settings to match yours, but that led to different errors when trying to deploy to my . I noticed that you used the TADP directory in your Android SDK settings. I was using the latest thing to replace TADP - Android CodeWorks. This is probably where my problems were coming from. I uninstalled CodeWorks and all of its components. Then I installed the TADP version included with UE 4.8 ([Engine install directory]\4.8\Engine\Extras\Android\tadp-2.0r8-windows.exe). I also went ahead and updated to UE 4.10.1 which just came out.

With TADP, UE 4.10.1, and the Android SDK settings from your screenshot, I am now able to successfully deploy to my ! Thank you very, very much for your help. It was especially helpful to know that it’s okay to keep using TADP with UE 4.10.

Thank you,

You’re very welcome! Let me know if you run into any additional complications! :slight_smile:

Could you please upload a screenshot of your Android SDK. I’m suspecting that you’re missing part of the SDK. I see where you said that you left the SDK as default.

Thank you!


We have not heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing the issue you reported, please respond to this message with additional information and we will offer further assistance.

Thank you!

I wonder if it is a matter of needing a new version of the CodeWorks thing to have installed its components. Sometimes when Unreal versions advance, then they come with a newer CodeWorks version.

After getting that set up, make sure to update the folders of the in your project settings.

Hope that helps.