[Unpaid] Hoverbike Racing Game - Prototype completed - Looking for Concept Artist

Hey all.
I just finished putting together the first prototype for a Hoverbike Racing Game that I’m building in UE4. I intend to secure funding from a publisher over the next few months, and I’m looking for a concept artist who would be interesting in contributing some concepts to help flesh out the presentation. I can’t pay anyone, so it’s completely voluntary, but I would take it as work against a paid contract once I secure funding (i.e., if I get money, you’re the person I would hire for the future work).

Download the Playable Prototype on Itch:

This is not the final prototype build, but it’s enough to give you an idea of what I’m hoping to put together.

Who am I?

I’ve been in the mod and indie game scene since 1999 mostly working as a hobbyist. In 2003 I released a multiplayer Total Conversion for Half-Life 1 called “Morbid Inclination” that was downloaded more than 15K times in its first 3 months. As a solo dev, I’ve released one previous project back in 2016 “Beast Mode Night of the Werewolf” Beast Mode: Night of the Werewolf on Steam
From 2009 - 2011 I worked for IDGI on the game Consortium (CONSORTIUM on Steam) as Lead Environment Artist. I also made a few unofficial maps for Counter-Strike (1.6) “De_Italian_Eve_v2” and “De_Hardwire” that won awards from Counter-Map (defunct website) and Level Of The Week on Planet Half-Life (defunct website). Since 2016 I’ve shifted from mainly being an environment artist into a focus on a game designer role (prototyping and programming in UE4).

If you’re interested, feel free to message here, or contact me directly via the contact page on my website https://www.apeirogon-games.com/

-Peter Ryan aka TorQue[MoD]

Right, Ha Ha. I guess I should clarify. The past projects are from between 2003 and 2015 and they were part of the learning process. They are not projects I’m currently pursuing. As for why they didn’t get finished, it was because I never found a useful programmer. I’ve spent the last while shifting gears and learning to code myself so I can finish a game :wink:

Also it is not a revenue share. I am going to hire an artist on contract when I’ve got funding. I’m aware it’s not binding to say that I’d hire someone once I get funding, but I’m a man of my word and I’ve been a member of the community long enough for that to mean something. I’m not looking for dozens of pieces of art, just a few. And anyone who chooses to contribute would gain experience. Beyond that, if I secure funding, it gets them some paid work too.

Finally, an environment artist builds 3D geometry based on concept art. They aren’t necessarily designers. I’m looking for someone to help with design concepts. There’s a difference.

I’ve re-written my experience. Thank you for the advice :slight_smile:

It looks great.
I get a bit demoralized when I look at other people work. I’m struggling to model a simple character for my game… People tend to think “I want to make games, I’m going to learn programing”, but programing is the least of the problems, art is the hard part of a game.

Funny, I find it the opposite. Guess it depends on the person :wink:

I guess you’re right. Maybe I don’t struggle with programming because I’m a professional programmer for more then 25 years and started programming when I was 10!! :grin:

LOL. Yup, that’d be it. I’ve been an artist since 1999 and trying to switch gears to programming has been an interesting pursuit. Still loads of fun though. Just different than the way my brain is used to thinking :slight_smile: