Download

[UNPAID] [Citybuilder, Survival] Launched title on steam EA needs new owner

Hi folks.

I’ve been in development of a city builder for almost 2 years now, one that has been a huge passion for me and my business partner. A while ago we launched it on steam, reaching a “very positive” rating, but selling only a few thousand copies. We struggled for a year doing consulting and trying to finish the game, but in the end the stress killed us and we burnt out.

I’m now reaching out to see if anyone would be interested in taking over our baby. We dont want money for it, we just want to see it graduate early access.
The game has a full foundation and most critisism today is about lack of content and lack of development lately (because we burnt out)

The game has never had any problems getting the attention of youtubers, as long as we reached out to the right youtubers they covered the game happily, since there is not that much competition for city builders. So what you as a developer has to do is revive the marketing for the game, as well as develop more engaging content.

The game however is complex, it’s a procedurally generated world with advanced AI and custom pathfinding, so you need to have an experienced coder on your team. We will not accept anyone, we want you to be competent enough to finish the project.

We believe that with the right team you could kick this game alive and earn some serious money with it. Another potential idea could be to finish the game, then rebrand it and look for funding.

Reach me at mona.lander1@gmail.com with information about you and potentially your team, and we can take it from there.

All the best,
Mona

@MonaLanda

Sounds interesting… Suggestion: Why not chat with procedural geniuses on here like @CoquiGames.
Maybe what you have already is a Marketplace-class city-builder. If so there’s demand for that for sure…
Also why not include game footage? (Everyone’s got their own projects and its hard to judge from text).

@ClavosTech Thank you for the feedback,
I’m not sure what you mean by suggesting to reach out to them, do you think they would be interested in adopting this project? I’m not looking for technical help, its more because of “work injury”.
Marketplace class city builder, as in sell the project as a unreal marketplace asset? It’s something we planned on working on with some of the exciting tech we were building, but in the end it doesnt help solve the issue regarding finishing the game on steam.
Reason for the rather vague description and no images is because i want myself and the game to remain anonymous to respect the customers. If people are interested in the general idea I am happy to discuss more details after vetting you over email and voice chat.
Thank you for asking Clavos, hope that makes things a little more clear!

ClavosTech Thank you for the feedback,

I’m not sure what you mean by suggesting to reach out to them, do you think they would be interested in adopting this project? I’m not looking for technical help, its more because of “work injury”.

Marketplace class city builder, as in sell the project as a unreal marketplace asset? It’s something we planned on working on with some of the exciting tech we were building, but in the end it doesnt help solve the issue regarding finishing the game on steam.

Reason for the rather vague description and no images is because i want myself and the game to remain anonymous to respect the customers. If people are interested in the general idea I am happy to discuss more details after vetting you over email and voice chat.
Thank you for asking Clavos, hope that makes things a little more clear!