(Unpaid) 3D artist looking for a bit of stimulating work on the side

Oh, hi there! How nice of you to read my thread! First let me introduce myself:

My name is Alex. I’m a 3D artist who used to work for a small indie studio in Stockholm, Sweden, before I decided to get out into the world and travel in 2016. I’ve been dabbling with 3D art since 2004 when I was just 14 years old. 9 years later, in 2013, I got this gig at the tiny studio in Stockholm. After 3 years in an office I felt I had to get away from the desk and so I packed my bags and flew to Australia, where I’m currently residing in Brisbane.

So why am I creating this thread?
Well, I just love creating 3D art. I do it constantly in my spare time and many of the smaller and simpler models are uploaded to Sketchfab for people to download for free and use in their projects as long as they credit me. Sometimes when I sit down and open up Cinema4D I feel like I don’t really know what to create. So I had the bright idea that I could take requests from people (non-artists) in need of models for their projects.

What am I good at?
If you have a look at my Sketchfab page you will see that I mainly deal with hard-surface modelling. Anything from tiny things like an iPhone to large construction vehicles or fully detailed mega yachts with interiors. I use Cinema4D, Substance Designer (only basic knowledge), Substance Painter and Photoshop. At my old job I used to do pretty much all the 3D art needed. Doors, windows, furniture, vehicles, buildings - you name it.

Here’s what I can do for you:
Like the title says I’m looking for some fun, small things to do on my spare time. Please keep in mind that I am backpacking and have other things going on in my life, as well as a real job, so I can’t work full time and create all the art for your game or build complex and time consuming models. But if you need a couple of models to get you project off the ground - I mean things like: weapons, electronics, furniture, environment props etc, shoot me a PM and I’ll see if I can help you out. Basically - have a look at my Sketchfab page and you’ll see the kind of stuff I’m talking about.

I always try to keep a high standard on my models. Everything I create are made to real world scale, ready for use in VR environments. If needed I will create a low poly and a high poly version and bake normal maps, etc. in Substance Designer. Textures are always made in Substance Painter, with some work done in Photoshop.

Depending on how many requests I get I might have to decline to some and choose what I think I’ll find most fun and rewarding to create. I am doing this for free after all.

Last of all I would like to mention that I am open to paid work as well if you need a more time consuming model, like a vehicle for example. But I’m mainly just looking for something to do for fun.

Thanks for reading!
Alex

Here are a few examples of things I like to do:

[sketchfab]f938043a34d643aab11813b21aa10111[/sketchfab]
W.I.P. Vehicles by thethieme on [Sketchfab

[sketchfab]88aa57ea7c454ccf93d71277f7d547b2[/sketchfab]
[url=https://sketchfab.com/models/88aa57ea7c454ccf93d71277f7d547b2]Skycrane](https://sketchfab.com) by thethieme on Sketchfab

[sketchfab]a8a07aa0da264ecd8c445ab3b85d7a2e[/sketchfab]
Side Table by thethieme on Sketchfab

[sketchfab]9f1497a31a20485d92fbd141e2adb55b[/sketchfab]
Diapson Dynamis by thethieme on Sketchfab