Unofficial thread to exchange usernames for the new launcher!

Name: jmosher65 (It’s a stupid username that I’ve used since I was around 5 years old, it’s easy to remember)
Interests: Game development of course although I am just starting out, computers are my favorite thing in the world, I enjoy gaming from time to time, watching YouTube videos in my free time, VR
Skills: Barely any to speak of but I have found that I’m much, much better at using computers than my pears in my game development class and the only one to have any motivation to make games outside of class, also have some skills in Photoshop and Illustrator

I’m probably one of the younger people here and I also probably have less skills than about 90% of the people here but from my experiences with games like Little Big Planet 2 I have found that i’m very good with logic(I’m better at it than my brother who is in college for Electrical Engineering). Other than that I’m seeking to start up my own business after I graduate from college with a CS Degree and maybe after I get a couple years of experience in the business

Name:
Interests: Programming (Game Development of course), music, gaming, filmmaking
Skills: Programming - I’ve mostly used Java, a bit of C#. Lately I’ve been doing some work with microcontrollers in C as well and hope to become more experienced in C++ to utilize UE4 better. Also have a small amount of experience with Adobe Premiere/After Effects
Other: Currently an SE student and still learning new things constantly. Would love to get in touch with more experienced users to learn from them.

Name: Transmitthis

Skills: Overabundance of Common Sense, Specifically a Generalist :stuck_out_tongue:

Disinterests: Otiose tchotchke, Rudeness.

Interests: Transhumanism, Singularity, Psychology, Virtual/Augmented Reality, Technology, Minimalism, Ontology, Science Fiction, DIY Soylent, Space, General Artificial Intelligence, Philosophy, Cyberpunk and Quantum Mechanics.

Other: Here for the duration, Intending to make things for personal use and fun.

Edit:
one more skill, some others have a hard time understanding or sharing in.

Ability to always have FUN in Unreal Tournament, despite who wins, what the score is, what team I’m on or what my Kill / Death ratio is.

Name:
Skills: Unity3D, C#, Basic to Intermediate C++, Java
Interests: Sci-Fi, fantasy, anime, tabletop gaming, action/physics based RPGs, learning
Other: Right now, I’m a newbie in UE4, but I’ve been fiddling around with Unity3D for a couple of years making prototypes. I’m attempting to finish my first little game to start building a portfolio, and I’m eager to get started with UE4.

Name: WushuManiacMan (Brad)
Skills: Not very good at much, but I’ve done some C++, C#, Java, Python, Maya, and Photoshop
Interests: martials arts, science/engineering, sports, art, history… honestly I have a ton of interests but not much direction, haha
Other: Been going to school of and on for about 12 years now. No degree, and I work a lower wage retail job :stuck_out_tongue: I’m looking forward to putting together some game demos/prototypes and have a number of ideas bouncing around.

Name: InfectedFPS (Craig)
Skills: Programming. I have a background in Computer Science and only started to get into game development with UE4. Currently work as an Application Developer.
Interests: Gaming, Programming, learning, Building PC’s. Mostly play FPS (some times competitively) and action RPGs and survival.
Other: I’m still somewhat new to all this game development stuff, but I think I’ve been making good progress in my spare time. I’ve got a youtube channel that I put some tutorials up when I figure out how to do something that I consider fairly interesting.

Name: Hum ()
Interests: Art, games, movies and recently quadcopters.
Skills: 3D artist with experience in tons of programs. 2 years experience in C#, 1 year in C++ and blueprint. Working as a level designer and general scripter.
Other: I’ve been using 3D programs for 14 years, started with a demo of Truespace3d, then Cinema 4D until I fell in love with 3dsMax 3. Recently found myself far more interested in programming than 3D and have pushed hard at learning C#, C++ and recently Blueprint over the last couple of years. I like building mechanics, copying mechanics and twisting them to my liking and building tools to empower every other area of game building that I try my hand at.

That sound great - subscribed.

just a quick bump because this thread is a really great idea

Hmm… I’m the youngest person I know on this forum (Not that I know many people)

Hey all - in case you haven’t seen it I actually created a similar thread on the UE4 Subreddit around the same time this one was started. You can see it here: ://www.reddit/r/unrealengine/comments/2xsfp7/friends_list_in_unreal_engine_launcher/?sort=old

In any event - I have created a Google Spreadsheet that includes everyone’s info from the forum here: https://docs.google/spreadsheets/d/1tJ2nkBW-Yq90J7QjfogSTzVig4bqkE-lP8wE4Ly6DYY/edit?usp=sharing

Feel free to look it over and add the details I’m missing (real names, skype, Twitter handle, etc.) I figured it would be more manageable than a couple of threads and allow us to have a more thorough contact list in the event we’re in a position to hire and collaborate with other members of the community!

Feel free to make changes if you think it would benefit everyone.

Cheers,

A.

Name: Theylok /
Interests: Gaming (obviously), Programming, Warhammer 40.000
Skills: Programming, Game Design, Technical Art - C++, C#, PHP, UE4, Blender, Photoshop, Visual Studio, and some basic LUA, Ruby, Java, Action Script
Other: I’m relativly new to UE4, but I’ve been a programmer for almost 10 years now. I started learning C++ on my own when I was a teenager :wink:

• Name: benjamin.smith but the alias I tend to go by is BLOODTIDE12 (got that name way back in the Gears of War 1 days on Xbox 360)

• Location: Sydney, Australia - though considering moving to Montreal, Canada since the AUD/CAD paring is good (take a look at AUD/USD, AUD/GBP, etc & Tony Abbott than you will know why…)

• Interests: Design (both traditional & digital), science, astrophysics, aeronautics/space (SpaceX FTW!), long walks along the beach, gaming, politics, game/software development in the nude.

• Skills:

• Self-taught: Photoshop/Quixel (nDo2+dDo), Substance (Painter, Designer, & Material2Bitmap), Blender, 3DS , ZBrush+3D Coat (intermediate at best), traditional architectural blueprint drafting, Agile Project Management (Atlassian + other), Git, Perforce, SVN, artic:draft 2 (still learning), business/entrepreneurship, legal (kinda a must when dealing with my lawyers…), Communication, leadership (I would think so:p), head-hunting (pretty good at this ;)), UDK, CRYENGINE, UNIGINE, UE4, Hammer/Source Engine (lets just say pretty much all the game engines under the sun :P), etc., other (too many to list).

• Established: Information technology certificate (2, 3 & bits of 4), Film School - Participate Film Academy (actually know the guy in that picture under Certificate III in Media with headphones), Work Experience/Internship at architecture firm/studio, & a ton of other bits & bobs here & there.

• Other: Not much to say really besides that I’m overly ambitious, very friendly and I have an uncanny ability to just walk up to anyone, shake their hand and start a conversation with them :slight_smile: which I recommend you all should try someday, as it has personally lead to me meeting some very interesting people which many around me were too afraid to even look them in the eye due to their position in a field and/or their financial status.

I would be shooting myself in the foot if I didn’t say that me and my team are working on an unannounced game project, alongside development of some very useful UE4 plugins to improve the general workflow of teams using source control & issue tracking systems + some other interesting features which I will keep under-wraps until we can properly showcase them.

You can find some information on a couple of these initiatives of ours mentioned throughout the UE4 forums via the links below:

Name: maikklein
Interests: Anything programming related.
Skills: Programming, I am also studying computer graphics.
Other: Vim <3

If you want to talk about programming in UE4 or in general, feel free to add me.

• Name: .R (for real and in the launcher)
  • **Interests: **Everything 3D, Blueprints and Game-logic in general, Level-Design
  • **Skill: **Maya, ZBrush, Photoshop, Substance (Beginner)
  • **Other: **Free for hire as Environmental Artist
  • Name:
  • **Interests: **Games, Movies, Books. I love a good story. And also languages, both programming and foreign ^^
  • **Skill: **Beginner Programmer, took a hand in Lua, C#, C++ (thanks ue4), Python, JS
  • **Other: **Looking for someone to learn together. Or maybe just frienship too!
    Also , wanna study uni in Germany, as General Engineering Science in TUHH and specializing in CS in the second year. Just a thought though, I’d love it if some german ue user gave me an opinion over TUHH or if there were any better place for me. Though I’m pretty sure I’ll be studying in Hamburg if I go to germany, I have relatives there. (Too poor for accomodation costs :frowning: )

Name: (Satheesh)
Interests: Unreal Engine 4 and Music
Skills: Blueprints, VB.NET, C++ and 3dsmax
Other: Feel free to add me. I love chatting with you! :slight_smile:

Name: Amaresh
Interests: Game Dev and Sports
Skills: UE4 Blueprints, C# in Unity, C++,
Other: Feel free to add me.

Cheers!

Name: Richard (Electronik Eel)
Age: 45 (oldest git here by the looks of) - 25+ years in the industry (straight from college - initially writing assembler for a bank), coding since I was 11 (yeah on an abacus - actually a Vic20 :slight_smile: ).
Skills: Can balance pencil on my nose - many programming languages from 370 Assembler/COBOL/PL\I/C…through to C#/C++/Web languages/etc - Graphics (Photoshop and - I suck slightly at MAYA and seriously at Blender!) - Unity/UDK/UE4/Paradox (learning)/XNA (RIP - dead and sadly missed)/DX C++.
Suck at Audio (I try, but I suck - and using any of my collection of sketchpads - I can always do it better with a mouse).
Interests: Always been coding. Also living in the tropics :slight_smile: - photography (I suck at that too - but try, and enjoy it). My kids. Cycling (Rugby when my knees still worked well enough! - probably the rugby that stopped them of course).
Other: I lied about the pencil.

Name: iCompose
Skills: Making audio, composing, sound design, Pro Tools, Reason (the music program, but also the mental faculty), Logic Pro, Ableton, SoundForge, Audacity, many more audio programs, C#, Blueprints, UE4, spreadsheets, drinking tea, looking like I know what I’m doing
Interests: Audio, games, VR/AR, programming, visual scripting, key commands, philosophy, space, Elon Musk, food
Favorite games: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2, League of Legends, Battlefield
Other: I drink juice in the morning