Unknown - Short Film (UE & iClone)

Hey fellow Unreal filmmakers!

I’m thrilled to share with you a project I’ve been working on last year- a short film titled “Unknown”. This project has been a labor of love, and I’m happy to finally share it with everyone.

Unknown - Short Film (Unreal Engine, iClone) - YouTube

“Unknown” follows the story of Alice, a young college student whose life takes a disturbing turn when she starts receiving mysterious messages from an unidentified sender. These messages gradually unravel details about Alice’s life, plunging her into a state of escalating distress.We are drawn into Alice’s world of uncertainty, where the lines between reality and illusion are blured.

Stills:

Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur

To evoke emotion and immerse the audience in the story (hopefully I manged to do that :stuck_out_tongue: ) I used Character Creator and iClone for the main character of Alice. The environment was created using Unreal Engine with assets from the marketplace. And the whole thing was composited in After Effects.

Overall, I couldn’t be happier with how “Unknown” turned out. The film was lucky enough to be accepted into a couple of film and animation festivals (among them Girona Film Festival, TAF - Thessaloniki Animation Festival and Animator Festival in Poznań).

Enjoy and happy filmmaking!

3 Likes

Hi there @michalzolnowski,

Welcome to the Unreal Engine forums :slight_smile: It’s always so nice to see a new face around here. As for your wanting to “evoke emotion and immerse” I think you’ve done a brilliant job. The facial expressions are phenomenal and done so well. How long did this take to make?

1 Like

Thanks for the warm welcome :slight_smile: The whole thing took me about 2.5 months. It was fairly quick but I was working almost non-stop just on this film. As for facial expressions, I utilized iClone’s Face Puppet tool. My process looked sort of like doing take after take with an actor, until I got something believable enough :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’d say it all paid off :slight_smile: Especially for such a relatively short amount of development time.

I hope we forum-dwellers get to see more of your art in the future!

1 Like

Seen already on Reallusion forum, nice and well done!

1 Like

this is really good well done :+1:

1 Like