Unknown Error When Launching To External Android Device

Hi, The last couple of days I have been struggling to wrap my head around this, I’m using the default Handheld AR Template, and I have followed the entire android quick start/setup for 4.25+ step by step. I have used different engine versions(4.25, 4.26, and the new 4.26.1 hotfix), Android Studio versions(3.5.3, 4.1.2), and have tried several different tutorials online. I am 100% certain I am missing something because the error is consistent across all different software versions, and configurations.

When Launching to my external android device, (Google Pixel 5 Running Android 11), It runs into the following error:

LogPlayLevel:   > Task :app:mergeDebugNativeLibs
    LogPlayLevel:   46 actionable tasks: 46 executed
    LogPlayLevel:   FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.
    LogPlayLevel:   * What went wrong:
    LogPlayLevel:   Execution failed for task ':app:processDebugResources'.
    LogPlayLevel:   > A failure occurred while executing com.android.build.gradle.internal.tasks.Workers$ActionFacade
    LogPlayLevel:      > Android resource linking failed
    LogPlayLevel: Error:        AAPT: error: failed writing to 'Y:\app\build\intermediates\runtime_symbol_list\debug\R.txt': The data is invalid. (13).
    LogPlayLevel:   * Try:
    LogPlayLevel:   Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. Run with --scan to get full insights.
    LogPlayLevel:   * Get more help at https://help.gradle.org
    LogPlayLevel:   BUILD FAILED in 51s
    LogPlayLevel: Error:   ERROR: cmd.exe failed with args /c "C:\Users\[MYNAME]\Documents\Unreal Projects\ARGallery\Intermediate\Android\arm64\gradle\rungradle.bat" :app:assembleDebug
    LogPlayLevel: Took 164.2342941s to run UnrealBuildTool.exe, ExitCode=6
    LogPlayLevel: UnrealBuildTool failed. See log for more details. (C:\Users\[MYNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\C+Program+Files+Epic+Games+UE_4.26\UBT-ARGallery-Android-Development.txt)
    LogPlayLevel: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=6 (6)
    LogPlayLevel: Completed Launch On Stage: Build Task, Time: 163.890792
    LogPlayLevel: BUILD FAILED
    PackagingResults: Error: Launch failed! Unknown Error

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Having same problem here. Suddenly it stop building into quest 2 and this error message comes up. Did you find any solution ?

Hi, I recently, after a lot of testing, figured out the issue (or at least what my issue was), and it happened to be as simple as disabling my antivirus- now I’m able to launch/deploy perfectly fine, tested on my Google Pixel 5 and Quest 2.

Hope this helps! (: