Uniform Grid is not showing child Widgets

Hello all,

I’m a novice when it comes to UE though I’ve been developing for years and I thought I’d learn something new. I’m stuck and I could use some help. It’s probably something simple but I’ve been beating my head at this for a week now and can’t figure out where I’ve gone astray.

I’m building a uniform grid and populating it with an inventory system. I split it into 2 frames so I could figure out where something broke, but that obviously failed me. :smiley:

The construct is this:

It does construct and I get the parent widget to show up when I trigger it with the key binding.

I put the actual construction into it’s own event graph because I thought it would be a bit cleaner. There was a post on here about building some of the parameters so I picked up some of the pieces and added it here.

When I drop prints in key places to see if things are building, I get object names, I get the counts and everything seems to be building. However, when I render it I get the parent background image and no grid.

I’ve tried adjusting the zorder of all involved widgets, I put them all as the same zorder as well. Anything else I could look at to figure out where my failure is?

1 Like

I figured I’d try 1 last thing after I post my problem. And after I do, I usually figure it out. So it seems that, for whatever reason, my design anchor would only populate 1 pixel by 1 pixel in the top left. I thought that if I anchor it to the entire window, it’d pull it all out to the entire window and populate everything as expected. Nope!

I moved the offsets and reset the anchor to full screen. Then I dragged the inventory panel to match the full screen and voala. I have functioning buttons that populate when I pick stuff up.

Sorry to waste everyone’s time if you read this. It wasn’t a coding issue. It was a design issue.

1 Like

Thanks, it worked for me!