Unified Forces

Unified Forces
(This is an initial learning project with the objective of making it happen)

Unified Forces (UF) is a hardcore and realistic military tactical shooter with mmorpg features and simulation where the player will find himself having to fight in a world unified forces army to stop the alliance of the most wanted terrorists… Today there are many FPS and many types but very few focused on realistic simulation and gameplay. That said, UF is a long-term project in which it will obviously take years to be a real product.

Who I am?

My name is Oscar Molina and I am an Analyst/Programmer focused on Web/Desktop applications with 10 years of professional experience and 2 years creating scripts/mod for Arma 3 as a hobby. I have always been curious about the creation of videogames but where I live you can’t live from it (Barcelona, Catalonia). UF is an UE4 learning project with the aim of making it a reality and currently developing in free time. The final vision of UF is very big and sounds like the typical “How to create an MMO (only a developer)” is obviously impossible for a single developer, but a single developer is where you start :slight_smile:

Why UE4?

I’ve been testing different game engines: Leadwerks, Cryengine, Unity, Lumberyard… creating small projects and tests to see how it works and from what I have been able to observe and read every game engine has its weak/strong points. The conclusion is that for UF any game engine is going to have to adapt/customize… so after a lot of analysis UE4 I think it will be the best decision, good documentation, good community support, free to start, source code and constant development. UE4 obviously has limitations and more if you focus on simulation but I think it will be the best game engine for the job.

The game?

Unified Forces is a hardcore and realistic military tactical shooter with mmorpg features and simulation where the player will find himself having to fight in a world unified forces army to stop the alliance of the most wanted terrorists.

Lore

Today, the world’s most wanted terrorists have formed an alliance to launch simultaneous attacks around the world sowing chaos and terror attacking the law enforcement agencies as well as the population and basic supplies. The well-organized spontaneous attacks and the suspicion of infiltrators in the states have made them defenseless in this situation, therefore, after many negotiations forces have been unified to end the terror.

*Features *

(WIP, GDD)

Prototype

The main keys in the prototype are GAMEPLAY and MULTIPLAYER it is time to start the house by the foundations so the other areas will be in the minimum required.

Hola Oscar! Me llamo Carlos y también soy de la zona :slight_smile: soy de por mataró, si en algún momento necesitas alguna colaboración no dudes en contactar conmigo :slight_smile: soy también programador (con 5 años de exp) trabajo en el ámbito web, con python y php y en mi tiempo libre es cuando le doy caña al unreal, asi que mis skills serian C++ (aunque a veces se me atraganta mucho) y blueprints (creo que de esto tengo un nivel bastante bueno) te dejo un juego que hice y subí al steam, por si quieres echarle un ojo :slight_smile: http://store.steampowered.com/app/822110/Magika_Land_of_Fantasy/

I send you PM :slight_smile: