Unhandled Exception: SIGSEGV: invalid attempt to write memory at address 0x0000000000000003

I can run the UE package project properly on windows and linux physical machines, but I can’t start it in docker. Why

This message is indicating that an unhandled exception has occurred, specifically a segmentation fault (SIGSEGV) caused by an invalid attempt to write to memory.

Could occur due to a null pointer dereference, buffer overflow, or stack corruption. It means that the program is trying to access a memory location that it is not supposed to access, it could be caused by a bug in the program or a problem with the system memory.

It is recommended to check the code for any potential bugs and also check for any hardware problem on the system. Try to package one of the default project templates to verify that the issue isn’t bound specifically to your project.

Thank you very much for your reply. I packaged the default third-person project in UE5 for testing, and the above error still occurred. Meanwhile, I tested my previous project without null pointer problem, and the wrong file was the VulkanRHI file in the engine directory.
advRootMotion_multiplayer.log (48.4 KB)

I also have a problem. I can run the same package project correctly on Windows11 and Ubuntu22.04 physical machines, but cannot run it in docker (boot parameter: - AudioMixer-PixelStreamingIP = localhost-PixelStreamingPort =8888 -RenderOffscreen - nosound-Log) and VulkanSDK is installed.

Hmm, your parameters seems to be setup correct, at least as far as I can see.

Hopefully someone else can chime in on the topic. I am slightly unaware what the cause can be.

My final suggestions would be:

• Check the version of the engine that you are using in the container, as well as the version of the Vulkan SDK that is installed.
  • Check if the container has correct permissions to run the engine and the project and whether the environment variables are set correctly.
  • Consider that the render offscreen and no sound parameters you passed in the boot parameter, could be causing the problem. You can try to remove these parameters and test again.
  • You might want to consider using a pre-built image that has the engine and the dependencies already installed, or use a base image that includes the necessary dependencies, like the UnrealEngine/Runtime image from the Unreal Engine’s Docker hub page.

Thanks for your reply, I will try your suggestion. I will reply to you after trying, and I will leave a message again if I solve the problem, thank you.

1 Like

HI!I have solved this problem, which is due to the effect of nvidia driver on vulkan. This problem may be caused by the lack of a specific.so library, or not installed libnvidia-gl.Finally, thanks for your help earlier.

2 Likes

hello,how do you install libnvidia-gl?I have the same problem.But I package the UE4 project on the Debian 9.

Hello everyone, I am also facing same problem. I am running UE4Editor inside a docker container having Ubuntu 20.04 but my host machine contains Ubuntu 22.04, but still I tried to install different nvidia drivers and libnvidia-gl in my docker container, but still facing the same error. I am confused what is causing this issue.

If someone can help me in resolving this issue, then it would be very helpful for me.
Thanks