Unexpected macOS cloud save location

When configuring macOS cloud saves seems like choosing main location as “Application data” causes EGS launcher to search save files in “~/Library/Application Support/EGS”/<SUBFOLDER_NAME> even though label under the main location suggests that “Application data” should correspond to “~/Library/Application Support/” not “~/Library/Appliction Support/EGS”.

As a workaround to get rid of “EGS” in path, I chose “User library” which corresponds to “~/Library” and set the subfolder to “/Application Support/com.mycompany.mygame”

If this is the intended behavior UI should correctly display that will use “~/Library/Application Support/EGS”.

One more slightly unusual thing related to this. I have no idea how it created initial copy of save files under ~/Library/Application Support/EGS/com.mycompany.mygame". I wouldn’t have been able to figure this out, if it hadn’t put a copy of save files there. But where did it get them? Did it use the previously uploaded windows save, even though documentation suggests that cross platform saves are not supported? Did the behavior changed from “~/Library/Application Support” to “~/Library/Application Support/EGS” last week between my initial setup of cloud saves and doing the final testing on macOS?

1 Like

Hey there, we apologize for the delayed response. I wanted to check in to see if you are still having issues with this, if so, please let us know, if its resolved feel free to disregard.