Undo History is extremely unreliable

On my Mac, the Undo function often does not work, displaying an empty Undo History list when there should definitely be Undo actions. I have been unable to pin down the steps required to destroy the Undo History. It seems to happen randomly and frequently at save barriers.

Hi ,

We have had a couple of bugs reported regarding the undo function not working when a specific action has occurred like dragging a series of buttons in a Widget Blueprint, for instance. However, we have not had numerous reports where this is happening in general. Please take note of what you are doing the next time this occurs and post steps we can follow to reproduce the issue on our end. You can add those steps to this post and we will continue to investigate.

Thanks,

Happens to me constantly as well. Usually it’s after accidentally moving an actor that I try to hit ctrl+z that I notice my actions aren’t being added to the undo history and I have to manually move it back to where it (hopefully) was. Undo is frequently unusable for me.

Currently on Source 4.12, Win7 x64.

Hi Poofox,

I am currently unable to reproduce this in UE4.12 by adding static meshes to the viewport and moving them in either in the perspective or orthographic view modes:

1. Open new third person Blueprint project in UE 4.12.5
  2. Move pre-placed static meshes in various positions
  3. Add a new static mesh
  4. Move new static mesh
  5. Ctrl + Z to undo mesh movements

RESULT: Works as expected.

See if you can reproduce this in a Blank Blueprint or C ++ Third Person Blueprint project by moving the assets around on that level. If you are able to, then please list precisely step by step what you did so that we can reproduce the issue on our end.

Be advised that you cannot undo after a map save…

115800-cannotundo.png

…and that you may have automatic-save set up in your Editor settings:

I’m having this same problem.

This is a problem occurring for me when I copy something in the widgets panel like a button and then go to a different widget and paste it. Boom no more undo history or making history when I add other stuff. I’m using 4.12. Please roll out a patch for this asap! Thanks! :wink:

No undo history on Mac 4.15. Does play erase this file? How else to chase down bugs and performance issues? Until I am perfect I will need this function.

UNDO. This file should be saved along with everything else. Otherwise we are forced to completely rebuild from scratch when the error shows up weeks later, or we are forced to save by outside issues, like hurricanes and stuff.

This is still a bug in 4.18!

I’m currently getting the error when deleting nodes inside blueprint. As soon as I delete any node, it says I can’t undo. Running 4.18

Still a bug in 4.20!

Still a bug in 4.21, in windows 10 pro.

I still have frequent issues and its not just on saves, at any point if I do a certain check or uncheck feature ( say details), then I can’t undo delete of a terrain- when before it does undo the delete.

Why are there such consequences just for doing such things as others are seeing ?

still a bug in 4.22, in windows 10.