Unable to work, Rocket crash when opening an asset

Hi,

I’m totally out of solutions/ideas. I’m unable to work anymore with Rocket. I’m able to launch rocket, but every time it crash when I try to open any type of asset.

Rocket crash silently. My logs files don’t say anything at all. I tried an old backup of my project, I tried to reinstall Rocket from scratch (without loading my custom project) but nothing. Even the Platformer sample crash. I also tried installing Rocket in a different folder, same crash, even after a reboot.

I just reinstalled my Windows, everything was working fine until I decided to add a skeletal mesh to my Character Blueprint. I successfully compiled and saved it. Then I closed Rocket to compile some code. From this point Rocket started crashing without warnings/errors. (First without displaying the editor, I was able to get it back by restoring an old version of my uproject file). Deleting my Config files didn’t change anything, neither deleting my “Saved” folder.

Unfortunately now I’m stuck.

[EDIT] It looks like I’m able to open texture assets, nothing else. So anything related to a 3D viewport crash Rocket I believe.

Build info :

• Version : 1711197
  • Install path : C:\UDK\Rocket

Specs :

• RAM : 16 GB
  • Graphic Card : GTX 660 (drivers 320.49)

I just realized I am having this problem also (well it seems to be the same), yesterday rocket was working fine but today it loads up fine but if I try to open assets (I can still open textures) or press play I get the “this program has stopped working” message, it also crashes during the loading screen when creating a new project, I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling with no luck, I also tried uninstalling beta 3 and reinstalling beta 2 witch also crashed when I tried to create a new project.

I haven’t updated anything, installed anything or changed my system in any way. the last thing I did with rocket yesterday was I opened christian’s reflection test map from this thread (although I doubt it has anything to do with this) https://rocket.unrealengine.com/questions/3662/problem-spherereflectioncapture.html

windows 8 with a radeon card.
–EDIT–
just remembered my Norton 360 runs a live update whenever I connect to the internet, don’t know if that makes any difference (I tend to doubt it)

Hi Fabrice,

We are aware of this error. Our developers are rectifying this issue as quickly as possible. Thank you for your report.

-Alexander

Regarding your message, I guess, it’s a problem on your side. I disconnected myself from Internet a few seconds the time to launch Rocket and I don’t have the problem anymore.

We are seeing this work-around too, but working on a permanent fix. I am updating the Rocket forum users of this work around as well.