Unable to use RunUAT to cook a project with ue4.20

I’m using the following command from a build script to build an unreal project from the command line

RunUAT BuildCookRun -project=C:\bhi_home.uproject" -clientConfig=Shipping -installed -noP4 -platform=Win64 -cook -build -allmaps -stage -pak -archive

This was working for ue4.19 but since upgrading to ue4.20 the project builds via msbuild for Development and Development Editor and then when I try to cook the project using RunUAT. I get the following error.

ERROR: BUILD FAILED C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.20\Engine\Binaries\Win64\An
droid\UE4Editor-AndroidDeviceDetection.pdb was in manifest but was not produced.

And there is indeed no UE4Editor-AndroidDeviceDetection.pdb in that location.

Is there something else I need to do have this succeed under ue 4.20?
Or is something missing in the 4.20 previews.

Hello,

We’ve recently made a switch to a new bug reporting method using a more structured form. Please visit the link below for more details and report the issue using the new Bug Submission Form. Feel free to continue to use this thread for community discussion around the issue.

https://epicsupport.force.com/unrealengine/s/

Thanks

Did you find a fix for this issue?

neitzj, Indeed I am having exactly the same issue, step by step, and yes it is working in 4.19 but not in 4.20

hey neitzj, I found the solution in my case, hope that works for you as well.

All I did, was install the debugging symbol for 4.20 and now is working good, in 4.19 I was able to do that with artists computers without the debugging symbols, now you need it yes or yes, I think!

Cheers!

Hey ZkarmaKun. I would like to try this out. How do you install the debugging symbols. Is that an option through the editor or epic launcher?

Hey neitzj, yeah totally just go to the epic launcher and click the arrow, you can modify the installation from there

Adding option “-nocompileeditor” solves it.