Unable to trigger other action mappings while sprinting

Howdy all,

I have a blueprint project that is using some basic blueprint logic to sprint and do other things revolving around movement. However I am running into a problem where I cant perform other actions WHILE sprinting using the shift key.

I noticed the issue when trying to toggle the flashlight while sprinting, I can toggle the flashlight when stopped, but once I start sprinting the flashlight is unable to toggle. I put a print in front of the action mapping event and it seems like the event isn’t triggering at all whilst sprinting. What could cause this?

I tried creating another action mapping in the flashlight group to include one that uses shift but that didn’t change anything. I also tried using the keyboard events directly in the bp but that also didn’t change anything either.

It is a default first person character blueprint

Here is my sprint logic:

(the stamina currently isn’t connected to any logic or stamina system so it should be affecting anything here)

Here is my toggle flashlight logic:

Here is the inputs:

EDIT: I changed the sprint mapping to a different key and it works fine now. Not sure why it doesn’t like shift.

Thanks in advance