Unable to spectate a player after calling Respawn() on them

Since they’re not going to respond or probably handle any of this and I can only take so many hours of reworking my VFX to not be spawned since they broke prop disposing, I’ll see if I can help come to a resolution here.

Basically what I think happens when using respawn is that your simulation_player object which is essentially a player controller uobject in unreal engine is breaking. They released a patch recently adding some functionality to player spawners, and I noticed this component on the device called PlayerStartCreative:

So my best guess is that they didn’t take Respawn() into consideration and it doesn’t work with this system of registering/unregistering the actor. I was looking in the game files using Fmodel as well and found that the PlayerRespawn() function is actually in a module called “FortniteHacks”, so if this is the same respawn that’s being called I find it both understandable it doesn’t work correctly, and borderline incompetent to include it in the API. Granted this is speculation, but that’s about as close as you’ll get to transparency from them as “its in beta” which is also an implied excuse because they simply do not acknowledge that there is a whole community of developers who are trying to make a living using their platform.

I’m pretty deep on the tinfoil hate presumptions of what exactly is going on here so I’ll just save you on my theories and say: it’s broken, you can’t use it, and we have no idea if or when they’ll fix it.

The player spawner got this new user option function, there’s no API function for it but you can likely hook up a trigger to it then pass the player into the trigger to get them to spawn this way. That’s likely your only option, and at this point with the platform in the current state its in you just have to take what you can get.

Bump, please fix this.