Unable to set collision for Procedural mesh components

Hi,

I tried to create a mesh using the Vertices, Triangle, Normal, UV0 data and have enabled ‘Create Collision’ option in ‘Create Mesh Section’ BP function, but is unable to get collision when the game is played.

1 Like

If you convert brushed to meshes, they don’t have collision at once, AFAIC. You have to open the mesh and generate collision.

But, I really suggest you made that in Blender or any other 3d-modelling software. Even if you never used any, learning the basics to be able to create such simple meshes will save you a lot of time compared to creating them in UE.

A question to Epic Games representatives, if you happen to read it: haven’t you considered the possibility to incorporate Blender into UE4 somehow? Since you already support the Blender Foundation financially, maybe there might be such an option? I don’t mean the entire functionality, just some basic stuff to be able to edit meshes in UE4 without having to export/import them back and forth. That would really facilitate the workflow.

Edit: that’s procedural, I kind of missed that. My bad. Still the point stands, even if unrelated.

Heya, you probably also need to set collision properties of the proc mesh component this belongs to. Try a Set Collision Object Type or Set Collision Profile Name after creating your mesh sections.

/+1 regarding the question posed to Unreal devs. I would love to see some form of mesh editing incorporated by the engine! You should post that as a proper question, if you haven’t already.

Setting Use Complex Collision as Simple on the procedural mesh component solved this for me