Unable to save a level in Unreal Engine 5.1

Hi,

When editing both level and level blueprint for the “Minimal_Default” map I lose my saved changes once quitting and rebooting the project.

I am able to load a different level and then coming back, I am also able to save other objects like blueprints in my project.

I attached a video to clarify the problem.

Maybe I am missing something incredibly basic but so far I have not figured it out. I am new to UE5 but accustomed to UE4.

Extra info:
Working on a project with Started Content, no ray tracing and maximum quality.
Tried building lights in the scene to trigger the save. Tried the bug 5 times.
Thank you for looking at this.

Cheers, Johann

Hey there @Johann_Leo! Welcome back to the community! In 5.1 you’re unable to save over many pieces of the starter content, like Minimal_Default. I recommend making a copy of the map, drop it somewhere in your own content side folders, and then working on it if possible!

1 Like

Hey @SupportiveEntity,

That was indeed the problem. I am curious, is there any reason the starter maps are set to not save?

Thank you for your help and good Sunday.

-JL

1 Like

Funnily enough, I have no idea! This is a relatively new development actually! Occurs only on 5.03 and 5.1. I’m not sure why this paradigm had changed, since it’s in the starter content of your project it should be editable, it’s not like it’s the core engine version of it. However, it still is unable to be edited so I just give that disclaimer all the time.

1 Like

Interesting. Well thank you for your time and attention :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey, facing issue while creating new project in Unreal Engine 5.1 Mac Book Pro.

Please help to resolve my below issue.

"An error occurred while trying to generate project files.

Setting up bundled DotNet SDK
/Users/Shared/Epic Games/UE_5.1/Engine/Build/BatchFiles/Mac/…/…/…/Binaries/ThirdParty/DotNet/6.0.302/mac-x64
Running dotnet Engine/Binaries/DotNET/UnrealBuildTool/UnrealBuildTool.dll -projectfiles -project=/Users/adeshtiwari/Documents/Unreal Projects/Demo/Demo.uproject -game -rocket -progress
A conflicting instance of UnrealBuildTool is already running.
"