Unable to run on OS X / Xcode 6

I seem to be having an issue with building / running a newly created (First Person Shooter, C++) project in Xcode (Trying to run the ProjectName - Mac target).

At first, I was getting an error that the binary couldn’t be found, it however was looking with the wrong name. (Changed it in the ‘Manage Schema’ section of Xcode)
Now however, the binary is loading but stops shortly with the error:

"The global shader cache file ‘/Users/Shared/UnrealEngine/4.6/Engine/GlobalShaderCache-GLSL_150_MAC.bin’ is missing.

You’re running a version of the application built to load COOKED content only, however no COOKED content was found. Consider cooking content for this build, or build and run the UNCOOKED version of the application instead."

Any ideas as to what’s wrong here?

Hi russjr08,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue and we appreciate your patience while awaiting a response. In order to assist you in an effective manner, we would like to see if you are still having a problem with running OSX - XCode in engine version 4.9.2…

If so, please provide some simple steps, screenshots, or any other relevant pieces of information to help us reproduce the issue on our end and we will investigate the problem.

Thank you for your feedback and cooperation,

Hi, thank you for getting back to me. I meant to try it again earlier, but school started and I’ve been busy with my classes.

The good news is though, that I can confirm that Unreal 4.9.2 indeed is working with the newest OS X and Xcode release. :slight_smile: