Unable to rotate character using InputAxis for rotation

Hi everybody.

I’m looking to recreate tank style controls but none of the videos, tutorials or BP examples I’ve found have worked, and I can’t figure out why.

I’ve taken the Third Person Character, created a Player Controller, and then pulled the camera back to give an isometric view of the map. The character is moving forward and backward as desired (not turning around, just walking backwards) but it will not rotate in any way, shape or form.

In order to prevent acceleration or random spin amounts, I’m using a branch to see if the axis value is greater than 0 (If I can get one direction to work I can easily address the opposite direction) and then, what I “think” is the most likely method to get working is using the AddActorLocalRotation node and adding a Z value to the Delta; but to no avail.

I’ve also tried setting the actor rotation just to see if he’ll turn at all and still nothing.

I also tried having the axis change the values for X and Y and those work perfectly but Z won’t?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ok, I have no idea why but it started working without anything else being changed???

I have no clue but I’m not going to question it.